two - the seelie queen

"Faeries", Tessa, white faced repeated, shaking her head and wrapping her arms around Evette protectively,"There's no way I'm taking Evette to the Courts - especially if one of them is her mother!"

Tessa - be reasonable! Would you rather she went out of her mind for your sake or became possessed - even if she could be saved by a a fey?

"Of course not", she hissed, her eyes flashing - startling Jem,"And before you utter a word I. Am. Not. Jealous.".

Tessa, please. For me... For Evette.

She looked up sharply and nodded,"Let's go."
When she looked down Evette was shaking violently.
**
This is as far as I can go.

Tessa smiled at Jem, "Thankyou...for everything."
Jem stood closer to Tessa his heart hitching.

Tessa.
"Jem.", she breathed.
His long fingers hooked under chin and she automatically tipped her head up to face him.
Desire shone in his dark eyes as his bone colored hood fell away. He leaned down, closing the gap between them with his lips. Tessa gasped in surprise and leaned into him.
His lips felt like they did years ago soft and warm. How she'd missed him.
But as soon as it started it was over. Jem leaned away rocking on his heels his hood falling back into place, cutting off Tessa's view of Jem's face.

Tessa?

"Jem".

I-I shouldn't have done that - it's forbidden - it's an abomination - I shouldn't lead you on - I-I...

Then he turned and skirted off the grassy water bank.
**
Evette stood halfway through the lake, her ears pointing upwards alarmingly. Her faerie blood was drawing her. Tessa began to wade in, grabbed Evette's cold hand and was immediately sucked into the underwater Courts.
**
The fact that trees grew underwater didn't surprise Evie at all and neither did the voices whispering her name - beckoning for her to join their eternal joy.
Nothing surprised her since the day she had learnt she was Lucifer's child.
Coincidentally it was exactly five years after she had arrived at Tessa Gray's door step with no note.
Tessa had wanted to learn about her adoptive child's past and had of course, gone to the Silent Brothers.

But when the Brothers saw Lucifer's mark from the legends they gave her special instructions to read her the old stories passed down through generations.

"The daughter of Lucifer bears demonic fire in thy veins.
The daughter of Lucifer holds the world's reins.
The daughter of Lucifer has the power to decease.
The daughter of Lucifer has the power to increase.
The daughter of Lucifer is in between worlds.
The daughter of Lucifer is a great power unfurled.
The daughter of Lucifer bears a mark.
The daughter of Lucifer bears no heart."

Beside the poem was a jet black arrow pointing downwards with red fire exploding from the end.

And there on her arm - lay almost mockingly the devil's mark.

She hadn't cried since then.
The whispers of 'Lucifer's child' didn't bother her anymore.

"Evie, we're here", Tessa spoke softly.
They pushed by two large pink trees and entered the throne room.
Evette stopped dead.
"Who dares enter my Court?", a familiar voice shouted - her head whipped around to look at Tessa and Evie.
And when she saw them, all anger melted off her face.
"Devil child.", the women with blood colored hair murmured, pointing her finger at Evette - her brown eyes wide.