Chapter 3-- Electrical shock and annoying guys

Chapter 3— Electrical shock.

I sit staring at the note in my hand for what felt like forever, it was him… Jason… he was my best friend… (and my first crush)

Flashback (._.)

“Jay?” I whimpered, looking intently at the blonde boy in front of me, “Do you need to go?” My hand automatically reaches out for his.

Jay tugs his hand away from mine, “I’m just visiting my aunt for a while Belle.”He comforts me. My eyes pricked with tears, he wasn’t ‘visiting’ his aunt; He was leaving permanently. His parents just died and being twelve at the time didn’t help either.

“You can just stay with me and my mom.” I told him, tears now falling freely down my red cheeks.

“I-I can’t stay.” He stammered.

“I like you. Please stay.” I blurted out. A blush rising to my tear stained and glistening cheeks.

Jay laughs at me, wiping tears of his own with the back of his hand. He’d been my best friend for twelve years… all the laughs we shared, the times we spent running around each other’s front yards, they would all become forgotten memories someday.

He smiles at me through the tears, “I like you too. How could I not? You’re my best friend.”

Being the idiot that I am, I blurted out again, “I have a crush on you.” I blushed and so did he.

“Um… why don’t we make a promise Belle?” I nod my head, agreeing on whatever promise he wanted to make. He held out his pinky finger, “I, Jason Marshall promise to be back in less than five years—“

“But that’s too long!” I whine.

“Okay, I’ll be back in time for your sixteenth birthday.” He promised, “But you will be my girlfriend when I get back.”

I made a disgusted face, “Aren’t we a bit too young for that?”

“No. you’ll be sixteen and I will be too!”He chirped.

“Aren’t YOU a bit too young to be asking me to be your girlfriend?”

“I’m not saying you’re my girlfriend now.” He blushed, “I’m saying that you’ll be my girlfriend in the future.”

“Fine. I, Anna Belle Martins, Promise to be your girlfriend once you get back.” Cue the blush.I wrapped my own pinky finger around his extended one. A grimace found its way onto my face.

He laughed humorlessly, “Why do you look so disgusted?”

“Because couples kiss and stuff…” I mutter.

He looked like a tomato, one thing we both shared? We blush too much. Good thing he was saved from the embarrassment of answering when his aunt called him.

“Jason! Come on! We’re going to be late for a flight!” Shay Harlan called out.

“Have fun in California.” I sobbed. He was leaving me. My best friend was leaving me.

“I promise to stay in touch.” He said, pressing something soft in my hand. He grabbed his backpack off the sidewalk then ran to his aunt’s car, “Bye Belle.”

I watched the black car drive away until it disappeared from sight. I opened my palm, only to find a blue bow resting against it.

~~~~