Chapter 7 - Awkward Situations and Amazing answers

Chapter 7 – Awkward situations and Amazing answers

I took two steps at a time; surely, I’m going to fail my subjects at this rate. But I lunch time, so I’m not really missing anything. As inconspicuously as possible, I pushed through the cafeteria doors. Scratch what I just said about being lucky, my pitiable attempts at being discreet were futile, all eyes landed on me once I took a step inside the cafeteria. Whispers aroused and I just got more pissed off.

“Hi guys.” I greeted, sitting down at our usual table. Jason wasn’t there; he was instead sitting with a bunch of other people who I couldn’t recognize.

“Guys.”

“We’re girls.” Alice snapped, stabbing her food with such ferocity that I flinched, “Why don’t you go sit with your other friends.” She jutted her chin towards Ranier and Ariel’s table, ironically enough, the both of them still sat together with their group of friends even with their recent argument.

“Alice. I’m sorry; it’s just that I needed to talk to Ranier about something!”

“About what? If you trust us, what did you talk about?”

“I was supposed to answer Jason about the whole ordeal about being his girlfriend, and I wanted to give him my answer without making things awkward I asked for Ranier’s advice since he was a guy... and besides… he was having girl problems.” I said, shaking her.

“What answer were you going to tell Jason anyway?”

“I can’t tell you…” I pointed my finger at her, “Unless you help me.”

She rolled her eyes, “So girls, what do you think? Should we stop giving her the cold shoulder?” My friends look at one another, and soon enough, I was tackled into a group hug.

I also noticed that April had joined our little wallflower group, smiling at me coyly.

“I didn’t know you’ve joined our ‘group’.” My head tilted sideways, looking at April bashfully. At times like this, my friends and I know just the thing to do.

“You have to face our initiation.” All of us (except April) said simultaneously, looking at her evilly.

“SLEEP OVER INITIATION!” We cheered, dragging April off her chair and out of the cafeteria.

“This is our ‘Wallflower group’ and we kind of have a sleepover whenever our group becomes larger. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want.” I explained.

“Why would I want to join?” She sneered, narrowing her eyes at us, “This abnormally small group looks…”

We stared wide-eyed at her and she continued, “This group is so AWESOME! I don’t want to join! I would love to!” She squealed and we all tackled her.

~~~~~

Giggles erupted from my friends as I brushed furiously, “I really thought he was going to kiss me!”

Patricia choked on her own spit, “Let me get this straight, you fluttered your eyes closed ‘cuz you thought he was going to kiss you? That must have been embarrassing!”

Geez, no need to rub it in my face!

I grabbed the bottle of the ground and spun it around, it landed on me again, “Damn.”

“Truth or dare?” April asked, “Pick dare!”

“Why did you ask if you’re going to force me to pick the latter anyway?”