Chapter 5- The Resolve and her sweet side

Chapter 5 – The resolve and her sweet side

“Jason!” I laughed, “No!” He lunged, I dodged but he nearly got me. How did we get in this situation?

Oh yeah, He started it.

----

“Why do you look so glum Belle?” Jason asked while we were sitting on the couch in my house playing Black Ops.

“I don’t feel well.” I sniffed, I really didn’t. I swear. That cold water that had been dumped onto me accidentally this morning was causing me to sneeze occasionally and it only added to my semi-pissed, semi-disappointed and all in all bad, mood.

He smirked, “Good thing you took that water instead of me.” I glared at him, where’s the sympathy?

“Aren’t you supposed to be patting my back and making me feel better? I mean, what kind of ex-best friend are you?” I snorted and paused the game while I go get some juice from the fridge.

“So were not best friends anymore? How cold is that?”

“Well you were gone for a long time, and we didn’t talk for like, what? Three years? Four?” I pointed my finger at him, “You have to gain your status as my best friend again.”

“But it took me twelve years just for us to be best friends!” He whined, poking my rib. I squirmed; I really didn’t want him to notice that I’m still ticklish. He kept poking me until I couldn’t take it anymore; I guffawed, let out a snort and slapped his hand away.

“Aha! You’re still ticklish.” He said, reaching for my bare foot. I squealed and jumped away, it was just like old times, and I liked it. I sprinted to the kitchen, where else would I go? My house isn’t that big.

“I’m coming to get you!” He called, I just kept running, towards the back door, and out to the backyard.

The grass tickled my feet as I hid at the small narrow space between my house and the fence. I could hear him getting closer, I inched away.

“There you are!” Jason ran towards me. I slowly slid myself through the narrow space to the front yard. Jason grunted from behind me, I could see he was having a hard time going here. He just gave up and ran back towards the back door.

I panicked once I was on the front yard, where would I go? Not inside, because Jason was on his way here. I saw a couple of bushes and decided to just hide behind them. The front door opened, revealing a very smug looking Jason.

“C’mon Anna, come out come out wherever you are!” He looked at the bushed briefly, but then he sprinted back to the house.

“That was weird.” I muttered.

A pair of hands grabbed me by the armpits and hauled me out of the bushes, “Got you!” Jason cackled, he let me go, only to carry me bridal style.

“Let me down!”

“No.” He pushed the front door open with his foot and carried me in, “Shouldn’t you be happy? I’m practicing how to carry you when we get married.”

I blushed and stammered, “W-What makes you think that I’ll marry the likes of you?” He just smirked and dropped me on my butt.

“Ow! What was that for?” I pushed myself off the floor, my bottom aching slightly. I lowered myself slowly on the sofa, careful not to hurt any bruise that might be forming right now.

“To prove that sometimes, you have to expect the unexpected.” He sat down on the couch and slung his arm on my shoulders, “And, you didn’t expect to be dropped, because you trust me.”