||ONE||

Avril looked around, a bored gleam in her eyes. Xandar was a boring planet and even if she enjoyed the quiet here sometimes, this time she just wanted to leave.

"Rocket, hurry up.", she yawned, stretching her legs. "The sun's making me sleepy."

"Shut your face."

The little raccoon got out his device, scanning the crowds for someone worth their time, as he would say.

"Mum, look at this one! I want it!", a little kid said excitedly and pointed on Rocket, causing Ave to look up.

The red skinned women followed her sons gaze.

"That's just a filthy raccoon, darling."

Avrils eyebrows furrowed at that and the disgusted look the womans eyes held made her blood boil.

"You should be happy this filthy raccoon didn't heard you.", she yelled at the mother and her child.

"He'd kick your ass so hard his foot would-"

The women looked at the brunette horrified, covering her child's ears with her hands.

"He can hear you!"

"No shit Sherlock.", Ave rolled her eyes. "Go find your husband and annoy him, would you?"

The mother opened her mouth, but closed it again.

"You need water, guppy?"
She gestured to the fountain behind her.
"Here's enough."

"I'll report this!"

"Good luck!", she yelled after them and began laughing as soon as they disappeared in the crowds.

. . .

"Xandarians. What a bunch of losers.", Rocket muttered, causing Ave to hum in agreement.

"All of them in a big hurry to get from something stupid, to nothing at all. Pathetic."

The raccoon shook his head slightly, while Ave threw their friend Groot a look.

She'd told him at least a thousand time to stop drinking fountain water, but obviously he didn't care at all.

"Stupid tree.", she muttered under her breath, as Groot looked at her for a second and then began drinking again.

Rocket continued ranting: "Look at this guy! Can you believe they call us criminals, when he's assaulting us with that haircut?"

Avril snorted.

"What is this thing? Look how it thinks it's so cool. It's not cool to get help! Walk by yourself, you little gargoyle."

He turned around, lifting his head and found an old man flirting shamelessly. Ave couldn't help but feel a little disgusted at that. Not only by the man, but by girls who returned looks like that from a man this age.

"Look at Mr. Smiles over here.", Rocket commented. "Where's your wife, old man? What a class-A pervert."

"I absolutely agree.", Avril said and he grinned at her.

"Right, Groot?"

"Groot?", Rocked asked then, looking at the living plant.

Eventually he caught his friend drinking out of the well.

"Don't drink fountain water, you idiot. That's disgusting!", he exclaimed annoyed and Groot shook his head before looking at the girl for support.

"I saw you too, dumbass."

The tree turned back to the raccoon, shaking his head again, denying it further, even though it was helpless.