|| SIX ||

(Not proofread and until further notice in the state of my english + writing skills in 2k16, sorry.)

"So he's really dead?"

Avril looked up from her food, staring at Gamora questioningly. "Who's dead?"

"The giant.", the assassin answered, looking at the brunette before throwing a glance at Rocket and Groot. They sat on the other side of the table and while Rocket was deep in thoughts, Groot listened to what Peter said to him. "The one you and Quill were provoking."

Instantly the Ravager's head shot up, glaring at Gamora. "I never provoked anyone.", he stated, pointing at Ave. "It was her."

The brunette threw him a look, but shrugged afterwards and turned to Gamora, who ripped off a piece of the girl's bread and ate it.
"Learned my lesson."

This caused the assassin to raise an eyebrow and while Avril began eating again, she scanned her up and down, eventually noticing the bruises on her jaw, collarbone and hands. In fact, everywhere the black haired looked she saw something that looked rather painful.

"So, he beat you up?"
Now it was the girl's turn to arch an eyebrow. "Of course, duh."

Avril then shoved her tray aside and looked at Rocket, who grumbled to himself, most likely tinkering about their escaping plan. His fur was more ruffled than usual, due to the lack of sleep that not only Avril, but also Peter had caused, while he scratched patterns in the table surface.

"Rocket?", she asked, swallowing down the last bit of bread. "Are you finished yet?"
The raccoon's eyes found her's.
"Nah.", he muttered, unsatisfied. "Gimme' time 'till afternoon, then I'll be ready."

"I am Groot.", the tree commented, finally back to normal again. Avril grinned at her friend, before pointing at the raccoon.
"He's got a point."

"He just said his name!", Peter complained, burying his face in his hands. "I'm surrounded by idiots."

Hearing this, Avril nearly chocked, causing Gamora to give her a confused glance. An incredulous look on her face, the brunette bend over the table, tugging on the redhead's hands.
"Did you just say that you are surrounded by idiots?", she asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Quit flirting.", Rocket groaned, throwing the rest of his bread at them, causing Avril to glare at him.
"What's your problem?"
"Your face in front of the idiot's face."

Suddenly, an all to familiar voice spoke up. "Is this your husband, girl?"
Instantly, Avril let herself fall back onto her seat, before staring at Drax who stood in front of their table, his curious eyes on her. While the human tried to find the right words to explain him that she'd never be married to an idiot like Peter Quill, the rest of her companions simply gaped at The Destroyer.

"I am Groot."
"Oh my gosh, no!", Groot said in the same moment as Groot said: "I am Groot.", causing the tattooed man to glance between the two of them in confusion.
"So, he's your mate?"

"Am not!", Peter explained, nearly as shocked as Avril by his assumption.
"Lov-"
"Nothing like that!"

Avril could feel the eyes on her, but she didn't care the slightest. While she buried her head in her hands and let out an exasperated sigh.
"Why would you be so close to the human's face, then?"

Rocket began to grin, nudging Groot. "I like this one."

"You can't, he's dumb!", Avril whisper-yelled in his direction, hoping that Drax wouldn't hear her, because although he frustrated her to no end right now, she still didn't want him on her bad side. Not to forget that he saved her life.