|| FOUR ||

(Not proofread and until further notice in the state of my english + writing skills in 2k16, sorry.)

"Ow! For God's sake, Rocket, that hurt!"

"Oh come on, don't be such a cry baby."

"Just because you're breaking my arm!"

"What's wrong with ya? I'm just tryna' help you."

Avril glared at Rocket, finally ripping her wrist out of his paws.

She peered across the room at Groot, who sat there happily, letting out a "I am Groot." once in a while, as if to express how satisfied he was.

"What did you do to Groot anyways? Is he on drugs or something?"

"Don't know.", the raccoon replied, also glancing at the tree.

"Maybe it's the water, or the lack of it. Don't know, but as long as he's happy we should be too."

The girl arched an eyebrow at that.

"But he's happy while drinking out of a fountain."

"Stop being stupid, stupid."

The brunette rolled her eyes at that and stood up from the metal stairs they sat on.

It was a rather small corner in the large hall full of prisoners they sat in and Avril was glad about the little bit of peace and quiet she felt there. At first, two old, grim looking women had sat in the spot, but after Rocket had held a more or less intimidating speech, they had darted off, leaving the place to the three of them.

After the incident with the blue giant, the trio, plus Peter, left Gamora on her own, not really worrying about her.

Of course Avril didn't want her to die, but she was an assassin after all and as if this wasn't enough, she had made several attempts to kill her and her friends.

And Peter.

Speaking of Peter, the bounty hunter looked around, her brows furrowed slightly.

"Where's the idiot?", she asked, as her eyes roamed over the yellow dressed crowd.

"Which one?"

"What's up with you and your sass?"

Rocket grinned proudly and Avril had to suppress groaning in annoyance.

"I was born with it."

"I am Groot."

Ave wrinkled her nose at the slurred words of her friend and she walked over to him, taking his large wooden face in her hands.

Narrowing her eyes a bit, she turned his head left and right, examining it.

"Sure you didn't gave him anything?", she questioned, pursing her lips as she didn't found anything odd.

"He's weird enough, without me giving him shit."

"And Quill?"

Rocket pulled his yellow shirt down and glanced towards the cell Gamora was in.

"What's about him?"

"Where is he? He can't be walking around on his own.", Avril answered, taking a step back from Groot after she had finished examining him.

"Or did you send him away?"

Waiting for an answer, Ave's brown eyes wandered over the faces of the prisoners and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

He couldn't walk away like that, unless he had a death wish. But she knew he wouldn't be that dumb, even though the three bounty hunters would bring him to Yondu after breaking out anyways, so she assumed he had to be somewhere near them, yet she couldn't spot him.