|| NINE ||

(

Not proofread and until further notice in the state of my english + writing skills in 2k16, sorry.)

"Rocket!"

"I am Groot."

"There she comes, buddy. You better be prepared."

The door burst open, revealing Avril with a bright grin on her face.

Her hair fell around her face in a damp manner, her perfume hitting the raccoons nose. It didn't take more than a glance for him to notice the way the girl had brought her demons down. She was back to her old self again and the giant was forgotten. And that in a matter of only a few days.

Days in which the bickering of Peter and the young bounty hunter nearly had him driven up the wall.

"Guess what I found!", she sang, a bag of chips in her hands.

"A brain."

The brunette threw him a look. "You serious?"

"I wish I wasn't."

A single chip hit the raccoon in the face causing him to stop tinkering and glare at her.

After a short staring contest Rocket sighed. "New shoes?"

"Are you blind? My shoes are perfectly fine!"

"I am Groot!"

"See? Even the tree back there is smarter than you."

Rocket rolled his eyes at the young bounty hunter's comment and scanned her again. After a short silence he eventually saw what he was talking about.

"You found a way to hide this hell of a pullover!", he yelled halfway excited. "I thought this sparkly thing-y was going to burn my eyebal-"

Avril interrupted him, an annoyed look on her face. "How about you just say 'Wow, Avril! You look so good in this, I gotta keep an eye on you, so nobody tries snatching you away!' or something?" Groot made a sound of agreement. "And I just answer with something like-"

"Oh thank you, Rocket! I invaded Peter's closet without asking and decided to steal one of his favourite jackets because I have the feeling that all of them are irreplaceable and something really dear to him."

The now startled Avril watched Peter jumping from the ladder while Rocket sat there stifling his laugh. The Ravager continued throwing the human girl a death glare while she brushed her fingers through her hair.

The thing Peter had applied onto the brunette's wrist had actually helped. It felt like a miracle but the pain had actually subsided.

"I am Groot?"

The brunette dared to let Peter out of her sight and looked at her friend. "No, he isn't angry Groot, he's just slightly pissed...?" She threw him a rather amused look "And acting like a diva." A slight growl came back as a response. "If you ask me, at least."

"Nobody's asking you, though."

"What's with the fucking sass, Rocket?"

The young man raised an eyebrow in disbelief. Why were the two bounty hunters bickering when there were clearly more important things to discuss. His beloved jacket, for example.

"Why would you even steal my clothes? Are you homeless or something?"

Avril raised a finger. "In fact I actually am h-"

Exasperated he threw his hands in the air. "For God's sake, just keep the goddamn jacket!"

Another grin spread across the young woman's face as she skipped over to the human and got on her tiptoes. "Thanks a lot, pretty boy", she whispered in his ear before pressing a quick peck on his cheek and leaving for the cockpit.