||FIVE||

(Not proofread and until further notice in the state of my english + writing skills in 2k16, sorry.)

Avril panted heavily, red liquid dripping down her face.

The brunette hadn't expected the blue giant to use her as a punch bag, but she wished she had, so she could have dodged at least a few of his punches. Instead she felt as if she was going to burst out in tears of pain, if he'd hit her ribs again.

Her ribcage hurt like hell and she was barely able to role sideward as the beast struck at her again. Her body ached and her throat was filled with the metallic taste of her blood, and as she wiped with her hand over mouth she felt the liquid on it.

She had tried to call for her friends again, but every time she made the attempt to, the giant caused her to close it again.
Of course, it wasn't the first time Avril found herself in a situation like this, but this time there wasn't any help in sight. Not to forget that she'd never fought against someone like the giant in front of her.

Sensing her opponent's frustration about her not screaming, the brunette heaved herself up, but quickly collapsed on the floor again, due to her bruised wrist and the total exhaustion that took over her body. The gauze from Peter was now loose and not of much help, and she could only guess that her wrist was now entirely broken.

Swallowing heavily, she grabbed the fabric with her free hand and ripped it off and tossed it to the side carelessly. She indeed noticed the analyzing stare of the giant along with the fact that he did nothing but that in the moment.

"You've got enough?" The words slipped out of Avril's mouth easily, but she regretted saying them as soon as they left her mouth.
The red-eyed growled and the girl was lucky to escape the force of the next kick it aimed at her.
"I can do this all day.", she lied and looked at the giant through her hair.

"You're a filthy little liar, girl.", the creature said, circling her. "You're still hoping for your friends to find you."

Avril glanced up at the giant, looking at his large figure that seemed more than threatening in the dimmed light of the dark room.
"'Course I am.", she answered, proud of how calm she sounded. "As soon as they realize that I'm missing, they'll search for me, jerk."

The red orbs gleamed malicious at her reply.
"Breaking your bones will be fun."
Avril let out a short laugh, her body protesting.

"You really are dumb.", she said provokingly, searching for a way to escape in the back of her head.
"No surprise that you finished up in jail, don't you think?"
The bounty hunter's eyes wandered to the door for a second, while she pondered about how long it would take for her to get out.

Unfortunately Avril didn't realize that the giant was now furious. As she tore her gaze from the exit, she felt an agonizing pain shooting through her body.
He kicked her again, the force behind the movement causing her to fly backwards, hitting the wall painfully.

A gasp escaped her blood stained lips and her sight was beyond blurred as she opened her eyes again. She tried to blink the dark dots away, but it didn't work.

"You really want to see me dead, don't you?", Avril asked, the tiniest bit of sarcasm in her voice, as she pushed herself up with her arms. The cold floor felt good on her bruised body, but she knew that staying down there wouldn't do her anything good. Actually, anything she did wouldn't lead her anywhere, since she was partly raised by a raccoon and a tree with a death wish.

As she stared at the giant in front of her, somebody suddenly spoke up.
"Why would that creature want you dead?"

Instantly, the human stared in the direction the voice came from. A few feet away from her stood a man, at least he reminded her of one. His blue eyes stared at her before he glanced at the colossus in front of her, while his broad shoulders got up and down with every deep breath he took.