Maybe

A/N: This is not my art I got it from pinterest and the name was in another language so I can't type it properly, sorry.

If you guys want, I can include the playlist I listen to when writing Sans/Frisk to help you get into the mindset. Let me know c:

ALSO PLZ MAKE ME FANART. PLZ.

==========================================================

"Welcome to Grillby's," Sans said, opening the door for Frisk with a polite smile. "You'll love the food here, really it's the best."

He strolled up to the counter, dropping into a seat and rapping the bar with his knuckles. Frisk followed, giving Sans's jacket back before sitting at the counter. After a moment, a pretty, bright green flame monster stopped in front of them, offering a warm smile. (ba dum tss). She had a kind face with warm, dark eyes and straight white teeth. Frisk thought she was rather pretty and signed to Sans so he'd tell her so.

"Hey Fuku, the kid here thinks you're a pretty hot dame." Sans chuckled at his own joke. "Can we get two burgers?" 

"Coming right up!" Her voice was high and tinkling, like breaking glass. She placed the order and returned, setting down two glasses of water.

"Where's Grillby? Shouldn't he be here? He does own the place after all. Did it get too hot in the kitchen or something?" Sans snickered again.

"He went to visit Shyren, actually, they've been spending an awful lot of time together." Fuku's voice was soft and her color flared brightly for a moment. "It's stupid, if you ask me. Grillby could die but he doesn't seem to care." She offered Sans a smile. "Maybe you should find something like that, Sans."

"I don't know, Fuku, I don't get mixed up in any of that love nonsense, heh." Sans laughed, his eyes cutting to Frisk. "Never know what could happen, it's just too risky, someone might get burned." He snickered, before growing serious. "Besides, I've got Pap." He smiled, his eye briefly going blue. "Besides, to love someone means to trust someone and my poor fragile heart j u s t  c o u l d n' t  t a k e  i t." His eyes returned to normal and Frisk shuddered.

"Whatever you say, Sansy boy." Fuku laughed, the sound like snapping logs and disappeared into the kitchen.

"So," Sans turned to Frisk, all smiles. "What about you, Sunshine? Anyone you're in love with?" He quirked an eyebrow, leering at Frisk in a friendly way.

'No. Love hurts, too dangerous.' 

It wasn't that Frisk didn't want to love someone, it was that loving someone hurt. It hurt and it was scary and you gave so much of yourself to them that you didn't know who to be without them. They'd seen it in their parents, before they fell. Watched it grow and wither and die and Frisk never wanted that to happen to them, they had too much living to do.

"Here you go, two specials." Fuku set the two plates in front of the duo with a smile. "Enjoy."

"Ketchup or Mustard?" Sans asked, barely holding back a chuckle.

'Ketchup.'

Frisk took the bottle, turning it to pour some onto their food- SPLAT

The lid came off the bottle, soaking everything in a 'liberal' helping of ketchup. With a sigh, Frisk pushed the food away and brushed a hand through their hair. They were hungry and frustrated that they wouldn't be eating. Without their permission, Frisk's eyes began to fill with tears and they began to snuffle, trying to keep it together. This whole thing had been too much already and they were overwhelmed and exhausted and now they'd be going without food. Great.

"Woah Sunshine, no need for the waterworks, here." Sans pushed his plate in front of Frisk. "Just eat mine, okay? I'll get another." He caught Fuku's attention and motioned for another before soothingly rubbing his hand across Frisk's back. "There's no need to cry, really kid."

'Tired. Hungry. Stress. Hurt. Scared.' 

Frisk signed between bites, finishing the plate in record time before longingly looking at the milkshake machine. Their stomach growled again and they sighed, digging in their pocket to pay for the burger.

'Thanks.'

They signed to Sans before heading for the door. No point in overstaying the hospitality they were given. They had a long way to go and not a lot of time to get it done in. Frisk wanted to die as few times and possible and they quicker they moved the more likely it was to happen.

"Woah killer, what's the rush?" Sans called, catching up to Frisk and shoving their money back into their pocket. "I told you I was paying, anyway. You said you're tired, right? There's an Inn a few doors down you can stay in."

They actually made it to the door before something bad happened. Looking out, Frisk saw it was snowing, hard. Thick, white fluff was falling from the sky at an alarming rate and, of course, all Frisk was wearing was a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Great. They were probably going to get sick. With a sigh and a sudden rush of determination, Frisk set their shoulders, determined to brave the cold and get moving.

"Here." 

Frisk was momentarily blinded, removing the article in question from their head. It was warm, fuzzy and.... blue. Sans's jacket. Looking up, the jacket still in hand, Frisk smiled shyly at Sans. 

'You don't need to be so nice.'

"Don't worry about it, Sunshine. Skeleton's don't get cold like you fleshy humans. Wear it, I'll get it back once we get to the Inn." He smiled, offering Frisk his hand. "Let's go."

Frisk slipped their arms into the jacket, reveling in the smell of it. It was something indescribably musky and warm, something entirely Sans. They hadn't been paying much attention before, when they'd hastily put it on. Frisk's face flushed as Sans effortlessly zipped the jacket, lifting the hood as well. Slipping their hand into his Frisk pushed open the door with their free hand.

'Maybe' Frisk thought, with another rush of determination, 'maybe with Sans by my side I can do this.'

They caught Sans's gaze and smiled, warmly.

'Maybe.'