Chapter One

Reader's POV:

*BEEP BEEP BEE-*

My eyes slowly opened at the sound of an alarm beeping. I absentmindedly felt for the clock. Once my hand bumped into it I slammed it down on the snooze button for the fourth time. This time I decided to actually open my eyes. My tiredness turned to panic when I realized the clock read 6:35

"WAKE UP (dog's name) I'M GONNA BE LATE." I yelled at the still sleeping dog on my bed. Time went by and the fluffball didn't move an inch. Drastic times called for drastic measures. I opened up a pack of bacon and put it on a pan over the stove. It soon started to sizzle and small bits of grease exploded out. The mouthwatering aroma spread throughout the small cabin. The only thing guaranteed to wake up (d/n) was the smell of food cooking. Pretty soon a blur of (fur color) appeared in the kitchen. It slowed down and sat in front of me.

(D/n) looked up at me expectantly. (His/Her) tongue lolled out of (his/her) mouth, and (he/she) flashed out the puppy eyes. (He/She) pawed at my foot and let out a soft whimper.

"No bacon for you. If you wanted any you should've woken up earli-" I paused. This would be the last time in awhile I would see (d/n), so I should have the time I spend with (him/her) this morning be the best it can be, "Alright you can have a little." I conceded.

(He/She) wagged her tail furiously and let out a joyful bark before being handed a piece of the now cooked bacon.

In the end (he/she) ate almost all of it, only leaving two pieces for me. I didn't have the energy to argue with a dog, so I decide to start getting ready. It was now 6:47

I walked back to my room with (d/n) following. I pulled out a (f/c) shirt, a darker colored hoodie, some comfy jeans, and a pair of (f/c) shoes. Once my clothes were laid out I took a quick cold shower and got dressed. Then I finished up getting ready. The familiar feel of being watched made me therm my attention back to (d/n).

"I'm gonna miss you a lot (d/n), but don't worry I'll visit every weekend and on holidays. (Friends name) will be watching you." I softly told (him/her). That didn't seem enough for them since (he/she) kept staring at me with those sad eyes.

"C'mon (d/n) I barely passed at my old school. I can't take you with me and pass here. You probably won't even notice that I'm gone." I pleaded with my dog. (He/she) hated it whenever I left the house without them. It was like (he/she) could sense when I was getting ready to leave.

"Why am I arguing with a dog, is this what my life has come to?" I asked myself.

I started to pack up my bag. It took awhile and I really wished that I did everything last night. It was now 7:03 I hurried up and grabbed everything I thought I needed. After bidding a quick goodbye to (d/n) and getting my carving knives I ran out the door. On my way to my new school I thought about the day I got an invitation to one of the best schools in the world, Hope's Peak Academy.

I was at my small carving stand when one of my usual buyers slipped in an envelope with their payment. I thought they left it by accident and tried to tell them, but they were gone. I decided to open the note. I screamed when I realized what happened and accidentally knocked down a small deer statue.

I didn't think being able to make lifelike sculptures out of wood was a good talent, but I accepted anyways. It would be rude to decline, and anyone who graduated Hope's Peak was guaranteed success in life. It was like a free ticket to a good life. Living in a high school dorm would be a lot better than a small cabin in a patch of forest outside a city.

After my little flashback I made it into the city. I didn't like going here, but it was the best place to set up a stand to sell my carvings, and the closest place with food. I was able to get a taxi and paid extra to go faster. It was 7:30 when I got to the school. I thanked the driver and prepared to go into the school. I didn't know why, but I felt like something bad was going to happen. I had pretty good intuition, but I was sure the school was fine.

I took a deep breath and hesitantly took my first step. I was filled with hope for the future. I knew my life would change from my experience here, but I had no idea how.

It was then that I had a horrible realization. I forgot my homemade enchiladas. There was no way to replicate them without my secret sauce. All the hope seemed to drain out of me. Oh wait that was actually my consciousness draining out of me, not hope. But I was still pissed.

So I'd probably want to murder someone later, but not really, no one going to Hope's Peak would ever even think about killing someone... right?