Mudblood and Dolores Umbridge

'Oh. My. Gosh! Draco! I did totally not expect to see you here!' Pansy giggled as Hermione and Draco went to leave Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. 'And look, you brought Granger! How nice of you Draco, taking mudbloods for lunch.'

Hermione gripped her wand tight inside her coat pocket, but Draco had already reacted.

His wand was pressed tip-first against Pansy's tiny throat. Her head shot up and Daphne Greengrass gave a small gasp from beside her friend. 'Don't call her that.' Draco spat.

'What, mudblood? Oh but you call it her all the time!' Pansy shrieked, 'You know, liars never get the girl!'

Hermione gave a disgusted look at Draco. 'Is this true, Malfoy?' 

Draco opened his mouth but no words came out. He wanted to tell her it was a lie, that he would never dream about calling Hermione a mudblood. But the mixture of Pansy's triumphant glares, Hermione's disbelieving stare and Daphne's, well, Daphne looked like she was watching a chick flick, her face practically screaming Draco, tell her how you feel!  The last time he'd called Hermione a mudblood out loud was in the common room with Daphne's younger sister, Astoria Greengrass. It was ages ago, Draco thought quickly. He hadn't said the word since then, and Pansy knew that. But he'd said it to himself. He'd thought about what his father would say about dating a mudblood, or whatever he was doing. He'd thought about it before he went to sleep, whenever he'd heard her name from a crowd of Gryffindors, or when she was congratulated by a teacher, which, was a lot. He could tell he'd stopped saying it out loud. But he'd said it inside his head, just by accident. And that was enough. 'Hermione, I'm-'

Hermione stared at hatefully. She didnt need to hear what he was about to say to know what exactly he would say. 'Bye, Draco.' She held back the icy tears and ran. Ran, through the confused gazes of students. Ran, past Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil. She ran all the way back.

'Tut tut, Draco,' Pansy continued, her throat still being dented by the tip of Draco's 10" Hawthorn wand, 'your girlfriend sure is gullible. I bet she's crying her way to her dormitory right now.' 

'What do you want, Pansy? To make me unhappy? To make her unhappy?!' Draco yelled, attracting attention from passers-by.

'Hm, bit of both, really.'

'You know, you-'

'You dumped me. The night of the Yule Ball. Don't you remember?' Pansy snapped.

'So? Lots of people get dumped.'

'Not on the night of the Yule Ball. I came looking for you with drinks, you were off playing tongue tennis with some girl.' She hissed, and hit Draco's wand away from her throat. 'I liked you. You lead me on.'

Draco shrugged, remembering exactly the moment she was talking about. Pansy had gone to get drinks, like she said, but she'd missed out the part where she'd first swapped saliva with Blaise Zabini, a tall, dark-skinned Slytherin, friends with Draco and Pansy at the time. It was the evening of the Yule Ball, when Pansy happened to see Blaise Zabini. It was undoubted he was beautiful for a boy, with high, elegant cheekbones and long, slanting eyes that pierced the air around him. Pansy was obviously stunned by his clouded beauty, and upon seeing him standing quite alone at the bar, felt her heartbeat quicken, as it did at least every time she saw him. He looking quite handsome in his dress robes, and a smirk tugged on the corners of his lips when he saw Pansy. The ruffles and frills of her pink ballgown framed her body, from the thin waist to the thick bust.. She looked quite beautiful, but any girl who had previously witnessed her cruel remarks would say she looked like the vomit of someone who had eaten far too much candyfloss. 'Blaise.' She spoke, smiling slyly at Blaise. 'Who are you with?' He had said straight away, his face now serious. 'Draco. But he's not here right now..' She hinted, and Blaise laughed a boyish, hearty laugh. The two were very still for a moment, before quickly partaking in an exchange of lips and, sorrowfully, tongue. Draco looked on from afar, and anger engulfed his body, filling him with heated rage. He ran over to the first girl he saw; a disgruntled Hufflepuff, and kissed her. Well, it was more like a projection of temper through the lips, but it was enough to release a night's worth of bitterness from Draco, and happened to be caught by the searching glances from Pansy, who had just returned, giggling, with drinks. It was fair to say she stopped giggling straight away. Pansy projected all her anger onto Draco, who didn't happen to mention what he'd seen.