Nightmares ~ CHAPTER 1

I have absolutely no idea how I got the idea for this book, but I’m glad I thought of it!                       

If you agree with me and want to read more, please vote or comment and I will see about writing the next Chapter!

I hope you like it,

Cait        :)

                                                    CHAPTER 1

Emma woke up screaming and breathing hard.

“Only a bad dream, only a bad dream!”

She repeated, reassuring herself, “Only a bad dream!” She got out of bed, putting on her slippers and nightrobe; it was happening again.

Emma had always had the same horrifying nightmare every night, ever since she could remember, for some unknown reason, with it always ending with the same thing. This woman, the light too dark to recognise her, screaming in pain, horror and desperation as she falls to the floor, hopeless and dead with her blood spilling everywhere, revealing a dark hooded figure behind the now dead, unknown woman, with a sinister look in the figure’s dark as midnight eyes.

And now she was having that same horrifying nightmare again.

Emma was still breathing hard, but had stopped screaming due to her lack of air. ‘The nightmares were back, the nightmares were back, the nightma-’ she stopped, calming herself down by taking a deep breath.  She was being completely irrational, she was used to having the nightmares and after all it was only a dream. But still, it scared the hell out of her.

As Emma snapped back into civilization, she turned her bedroom light on; then decided that she desperately needed to think about something else other than the nightmare. Her Mum would be here soon, after coming running down the hall, pulling her nightrobe on, panicking for her daughter. Emma smiled as she imagined her mum, with the distorted face and weary eyes that she would wear due to being woken up. Her mum worried about her too much, and it was because of that, that Emma worried about her. Every night, when she woke up screaming, her mum would rush down to her room to help her and make sure she was ok. It was depleting her mum’s health and making her really tired, so Emma desperately wanted her mum to stop coming down to check on her every time she woke up screaming, but her mum insisted. Before her thoughts could go any further, her mum arrived in her room, panting with a worried look on her face.

“I’m fine!” Emma said quickly, trying to avoid her mum from gushing her with desperate questions. It didn’t work.

“Oh, honey, are you ok?” Her mum said as she hugged her.

“Are you ok, really?” Her mum removed herself from the embrace and turned to look right at Emma, her eyes teary. “

Are you ok!?” Her mum repeated once again.

“Mum, I said I was fine and I am! You really don’t have to keep on getting up for me like this.” said Emma, waiting for a reply.

“It’s ok, honey, I don’t mind.” Her mum smiled as she pulled Emma back to her for another hug.

“I just need to know that you’re ok.”

“I’m fine, so can I please go back to bed now? I'm exhausted.” Emma said slightly begging.

“Sure honey, call me if you need me. Goodnight.” Her mum kissed her on her forehead and walked out of her room. When Emma heard her mum’s bedroom door shut, Emma turned off her light and climbed into her bed, letting herself slowly drift to sleep.