Nightmares ~ CHAPTER 2

Thx everyone for reading, voting, commenting, adding to your library, etc. And a special thank you to xFakingaSmilex who was the first person to vote and comment on my story, as well as adding it to her library!!! Thx! 

Chapter dedicated to: xFakingaSmilex, Alphabet and greendayluver101. Thank you all for supporting me with my first book.                                                                                                                     Also dedicated to BeautifullyTalented because she made me a wonderful cover, and put lots of work into it. Thank you so much, but I'm not going to use that cover for my story.

This time I will be requesting at least one vote and one comment before I upload the next chapter.

I hope you’ll like this chapter!!!

Enjoy,

           Cait      :)

                                                       CHAPTER 2

Emma woke to see a glimmer of sunlight, creeping out through her dusty window shutters and the twittering of birds in the big oak trees outside her window. It was the weekend and that meant she could just lie in bed all day and simply relax. But she knew she couldn’t, she had things to do and places to be, and she really wasn’t that tired anyway. Stretching her long arms and legs out to the extent of the bed, she pushed off the crumpled doona cover. She opened the shutters and had made her bed in a flash, reminding herself to dust down the window shutters later. She pulled on a blank purple top that matched her purple converse all stars and a pair of worn-out denim jeans.

Emma could hear the kettle boiling so she knew mum was up and awake, so now she needn’t bother to keep quiet anymore. Walking down the carpeted hallway she could hear her mum talking to herself – no, not talking to herself (what a relief!), talking to someone on the phone. “Yes, she’s had them for as long as I could ever recall,” her mum spoke. “Mm, hm,” she paused, probably listening to the person on the other end of the line’s reply. “No, she isn’t having any behavioural problems, nothing like stress or anxiety.” She paused again, as Emma realized that her mum was talking about her. “No, nothing, she only wakes up screaming, as I already explained.” Her mum began to fumble for something in the drawers, pressing her ear to her shoulder, clinging to the phone. “Tomorrow’s fine, what time?” Her mum found what she was looking for – a notepad and pen and she began to scribble down notes. “Mm, hm, sounds fine.” Her mum looked over what she’d written down, probably re-reading, checking if she got everything right. “So tomorrow, 1 o’clock at 76 Boroly Road?” Her mum listened to the reply and laughed. “Yes, I’ll get it next time, Berely, not Boroly!” Her mum choked off the laughter. “Okay then, see you there.” Her mum hung up smiling.

Taken aback by the previous conversation Emma almost tripped over revealing herself of the crime of eavesdropping. Her mum was talking about her, but why, and to whom? The questions came bubbling up all at the same time. Emma decided that she needed to go have breakfast to see her mum and if her mum didn’t open up within the time she ate her breakfast, Emma would demand to know who her mum had been talking to and why. Emma straightened herself up, pushing her curly brown hair behind her ears and walked toward the kitchen.

“HI, Hun, did you have a good sleep?” Emma’s Mum’s expression was nonchalant as she pulled out a bowl from the cupboard and handed it to Emma. “Yeah, thanks.” she replied, taking the bowl and pouring her favourite cereal, corn flakes into it. “Do you want some toast as well?” Her mum asked. “Nah, I’m not that hungry.” Emma was hardly ever hungry at breakfast. “You sure?” Her mum asked once again, as Emma poured milk over the corn flakes in the bowl. “Yes, mum, I am!” Emma took a mouthful of corn flakes. Her mum chuckled, “Just making sure!” After a couple more spoonfuls of corn flakes, Emma couldn’t take it anymore, she had to ask. “So, who were you talking to on the phone before?” She asked. Her mum sighed; she was giving in straight away. “The psychologist, we’re going to visit her tomorrow.” Ok, Emma’s first question was answered. “Why?” Emma interrogated further. “Well, Hun, I’m worried. You’ve had them ever since I could remember, they scare me, we don’t have any idea where they came from or what they’re really about,” Emma realized that her mum was talking about her nightmares. Her mum continued, “We’ve tried so many things to get rid of them, that we’ve never really thought how they were caused or anything. So I thought we could at least try a psychologist.” Emma was surprised at the conclusion, as she took all the information in. She hadn’t expected this, but all the pieces fit together. Her mum was telling her the truth. Then Emma realized that her mum was holding her breath, speechless and non-moving, waiting for Emma’s reply and reaction. “I guess you’re right,” her mum exhaled. “What time?” Emma asked. “What?”Her mum replied. “What time...?” Emma waved her hand, signalling her mum to get what she was talking about. “Oh, yes, sorry, I’m tired, um...” This wasn’t like her mum, forgetting things, she was always on top of things. Her mum looked down at the notepad, still with the pen lying next to it. “Ah...1 o’clock tomorrow, at 76 Boroly, no, Berely Road,” her mum recited. By this time Emma had finished her breakfast and already packed away the box of corn flakes, milk and the bowl. “Ok then, it’s settled. Tomorrow we will go to the psychologist.”

You like?

Well that’s the end of Chapter 2, so if you like you’ll have to wait until I upload the next chapter!

And as I said before I will only upload the next chapter if I get at least 1 vote and 1 comment, so get voting peoples!!!

Cait :)