Chapter 1: The One Who Gave Me Emotions

Before I attended Akademi High, I had no feelings. I was numb, empty inside. I acted normal on the outside, but inside I felt nothing...

...Until now.

I walked on the sidewalk along the street of my neighborhood. I lived alone for now, my parents were away for a while. So, I was left to my own devices. I stared at the ground as I walked. My blue uniform was neatly ironed, no wrinkles or stains. It was completely new. I walked along side of a wall that surrounded the high school. I entered the school through a black iron gate. There were other students lingering around and meeting others from other years. I glanced around, taking in the scene and continuing to the lockers. My locker was number 327. I pulled out my schedule. My first class was Biology in room 2-1. I exited the locker area and went back outside. I turned around and looked at the giant clock above the entrance. It was 7:05 AM. Class didn't start until 8:30 so I had time to look around.

As I walked around the front of the school I heard a voice. It was different from the other voices. It...it was calming. It came...from a boy. I turned around and saw a group of boys talking in a circle. The boy who was speaking had black hair and a black uniform. My eyes widened. I had never seen somebody like that. I tensed, my heart...was pounding. I placed my hand against my chest. T-this has never happened before. I frowned, what is happening to me? I heard footsteps and jerked my head up. The group of boys that the boy was talking to were coming toward me. I panicked. Did they notice my staring? The group walked past me,most ignored me, but the boy with the black hair glanced at me once and went back to walking with his companions. My heart pounding and my eyes wide, I turned around to watch him go. They walked into the school. I stood there, starstruck I think is the word, hand clutching my chest and breath shallow. I could feel my face burning. I had never felt these emotions before. This was all new to me. I had a sudden urge to follow him, but before I could take a step forward the bell chimed and everyone hurried to their classes. I suppose I will have to wait for lunch.

I hastily get to my classroom and find a seat in the back of the room near a window where no one could see me. Other classmates bustling about, finding seats and talking to companions. The image of that boy burned into my mind like a tattoo. It wouldn't go away but I didn't want it to.

I have to see that boy again...

He. will. be. mine.