Chapter 9: Now we're kickin'

Ayano's P.O.V.
I spent the rest of the day hanging up posters for Budo's karate class all over the school. I also took advantage of this opportunity to keep an eye on Senpai. He has been very lonely recently which was good news to me. But he seemed... kind of sad.
I was watching him in the courtyard from the corner of my eye as I was hangning up another poster. A hand lay on my shoulder and I tensed up until I realized it was Budo and I relaxed. Budo had a grin on his face. "I think this might actually work." I looked into his eyes, they were full of compassion. As if all his eyes could say was, 'Thank you.' I could feel a smile tug at my lips, and for once... I decided to let it go. I had never smiled brighter in my whole life. I felt something inside my chest. I don't know what it was, but it kinda felt...good. Like when my mom used to hug me before saying goodbye when I went to elementary school. I almost didn't notice Budo's hand was still on my shoulder. He realized what he was doing and let his hand fall to his side. He cleared his throat and seemed to be looking at something behind me. He shifted uncomfortably and I turned my head.
Senpai was sitting on the edge of the fountain. He seemed angry. But when he noticed I was looking, he stood and left.
What's up with him?
"Oh, Ayano,"Budo started to say. I turned back around. "Yeah?"
"I was wondering if you wanna..uh, you know.."His gaze fell to the floor, "I don't know, go out?"
I could feel my eyebrows raise up in suprise. I struggled to speak.
He looked up and noticed my facial expression. "I-I mean like to discuss..the.. club and.. stuff...?"
That warm feeling came back, "You know what...yeah I would like that." I nodded and smiled. He seemed relieved, "Alright, uh pick you up at 7:00?"
"Sure." My eyes couldn't leave his, and his wouldn't leave mine.
"Okay, see you then." Finally, our gaze broke and he walked away into the hall. After two seconds I heard a muffled yell.
Yes!
I giggled and left to get ready for my 'date'.

Do I like him? Knowing me, I had minimal experience with love. I looked in the mirror and saw a lost girl staring back. I asked her, "Do I like him?"
The figure in the mirror gave a sly grin accompanied with a slow nod. "I do not!" I said, stomping over to the mirror. The figure mouthed the words, "yeah you do."
I sighed and stopped messing around to look for something to wear. It was pretty cold out, so I decided on a red coat and a random scarf, a navy blue skirt, and black tights. I looked in the mirror and adjusted my scarf when the doorbell broke the silence. My heart jumped and I panicked. I hurriedly grabbed my phone and keys and bolted for the door.
I opened the door to reveal a very nice looking Budo. He wore a black jacket and some jeans. I internally thanked myself that I didn't over dress.
"Hey, ready to go?" He smiled and let out a puff of air into the cold night.
"Yeah, let's go." I said, stepping over the door and locking it behind me.