Chapter 4: Goodbye Osana-Chan

At lunch, Wednesday afternoon, I waited on a bench in the courtyard for Osana-chan to come out and stand near that stupid tree like every other day. If, I weren't about to do what I am going to do to her she probably would've stood there all throughout the year. Finally, the gray double doors swung ajar and Osana emerged with the other students in two lines.

As everyone went to their usual circles to talk to their friends, I approached Osana-chan. As she saw me walking up to her, she turned to face me with her hands behind her back as she smiled sweetly at me. I smiled on the outside as I felt the excitement rising in my chest.

"Hi! Osana is it?"
"Uh, yes...can I help you?"
"Well, you seem like a nice person and I wanted to get to know you better by showing you something really cool...so I was wondering if you could follow me?"
I hope she buys it...that sounded unnatural...
Her eyes lightened up and she nodded quickly, "Sure! Lead the way!"
Wow, ...how gullible can she be? I grinned and turned toward the doors.
With my back to her I smiled wickedly and let out a small excited giggle too low to hear. 

*Budo Masuta's POV*
Everyone rushed out of the school building when the bell rang, signaling lunch had begun. I was beginning to walk to the martial arts club that I ran with only four members so I could practice before training later today.

As I past the double doors leading to the courtyard, I saw Ayano talking to Osana-chan.
Ayano...
At least she's making some friends...

I smiled and continued on my way.

*Ayano Aishi's POV*
Once on the roof of the school, I led her to the iron railing that overlooked the side of the school. I leaned over the side of the railing before Osana arrived and peered down at the dumpster below. I grinned again and almost let out my maniacal laugh before I caught myself and turned to see Osana speed walking to catch up with me.

"Look!" I pointed to the ground below, smiling like there was something interesting down there.
Well, soon there will be something down there...
Osana blinked at me and leaned over the edge but not far enough to just shove her off.

"Um, I don't see anything down there th-"
"What?!" she exclaimed as I pushed her against the railing.
Before she was pushed to her death I held her against the railing and whispered in her ear, "Goodbye, Osana-chan!"
I grabbed her shoes and let them slip off her feet as she fell to the ground, letting out a blood-curdling scream...followed by the satisfying crack of bones.

I lowered my eyes to the ground and a smile tugged at my lips.
Her shoes were still in my hands, so I placed them neatly on the white floor next to the railing.
Walking away, I let out a giggle that morphed into a full on laugh out loud that lasted for a while until I caught my breath and skipped down the stairs, as happy as can be.
But little did I know, this was only the beginning.
*Budo Masuta's POV*
When I reached the Martial Arts club room I suddenly remembered I forgot the keys. I tried the door anyway but it was locked. I sighed and started back to the lockers where I left the keys. I passed the door to the courtyard once again and stole a glance to see if Ayano-chan was still there. She wasn't. 

As I started to put in my combination lock, I heard a noise. It sounded like...like a girl, laughing. It went on for a while until it suddenly stopped and there was nothing but the sound of quiet chatter from the courtyard.

Uh, okay...

I got the keys and headed back to the Martial Arts Club.

I feel like something strange is going on...