Who's Going with Who?

Chapter 15: Who's Going with Who?

Inner Courtyard, Castle of Gilead

The continuous knocking on her door had awaken Georgette from a deep slumber brought about by her comfortable mattresses and feather filled pillows.

Since she had started working as a nurse to the Prince, the Princess had personally presented her one of the smaller guestrooms facing the inner courtyard. It has a simple yet classy elegance brought about by the silky red sheets and the white laced curtains surrounding the four poster bed; providing her a sense of privacy that she never had in the cottage shared with her mother and sometimes with Cart every time his father would leave him to hunt at night.

This was her favorite place in the castle- not that she had been blessed with time to see other parts of it- she loved how the window above her dresser had view of the red garden and the children being taught sword fighting by a ruddy knight, sometimes it would be four or five of them but the others weren't that constant. Only one stalwart knight was keen enough to monitor the children and the improvement of their skill. She enjoyed listening to the children's laughter after they win a match or fall to the ground; defeated. She admired how carefree they are, not caring of their expensive looking clothes; getting torn or muddied.

"Come in." She groaned, wanting more of the precious sleep. She moves sloppily out of her covers, knocking a pillow off the bed. As she bent to pick it up she laid eyes on the most beautiful pair of red glass heels. She looked up to the owner that she didn't notice entering and saw a very familiar Lady.

She leaped in surprise and embraced her visitor. "I have missed you so much Lady Button!" She shrieked. Since she had started working in Gilead as the Button's nurse, the Lady Button had treated her well like her own daughter. She had provided Georgette with clothes she never thought she could wear, food she never thought she could afford to eat and the comforts of a beautiful home.

"I missed you too my little nurse." She said as she broke off the hug. "A servant girl was sent to Couture de Button yesterday morning before I could even buy bread for breakfast. Says that I should send someone to take your measurements and make you the most beautiful gown for the ball." She said as Georgette thought it impossible for any servant girl to impose that her dress should be the most beautiful for the ball; as much as she knows about the servants, they secretly envied her close access to the Prince without being hurt. "So I decided to take your measurements personally." She said.

"Wait, you brought the bread for breakfast yourself?" Georgette asked in disbelief of the Madame's capability of doing chores.

"That's because Lulu disappeared, leaving only a letter saying her mother had fallen ill and that she needs to go home to Azura. Odd though, I never knew her mother is in Azura. Thought she was pure Gileadite all along. Anyway, take off your clothes and let me size you up." She spoke so fast that Georgette didn't even understand what she was saying before she had asked her to take off her clothes. Before she could even ask why she needs to take off her night gown... "I hear you worked wonders with the Prince." Lady Button said, helping Georgette off of her night gown.

"He helped himself. I was there just to assist and sometimes push him to have hope before I finally had the cure." Georgette spoke, letting the Madame measure her hips.

"It's still a mystery for me how you witches can be miracle workers but we should all thank you for saving Prince Kyron's life. Or else Gilead will fall into that nasty Lord Henrik's hands." She said, moving to measure Georgette's arms. Faith, how she hated that pompous git.