Am I Okay?

Toni-
I sigh as I step into the mansion instantly becoming uncomfortable because of the loud music blasting throughout the house and the backyard where everybody is currently at. I adjust the beanie on my head that covers my, now, straight hair that flows down my back. I think I want a haircut soon, maybe short hair. I turn as Micky walks past me to go join his friends I'm assuming and Taraji comes up next to me.

"Girl why the frown you betta cheer up all these fine boys around here" she looks around excitedly before turning back towards me.

"Did someone say my name?" Tyrese asks coming up behind us as Taraji rolls her eyes before turning around to face him.

"Boy bye no one ain't say your name we said fine-"

"Which I am" he says cockily as she scoffs walking away with him running after her "I know you want me baby just call my name and I'll be there!" He sangs after her.

"Boy you ain't Michael Jackson!" She yells as they walk out leaving me in the living room to go find Janet by myself.

"I still don't see why you wanted to come here" August says as he sneaks up on me making my heart speed up momentarily because he scared me.

"You know you didn't have to come Aug, I don't need you here to trail over my every move I'm a big girl" I say not even turning to face him. "And don't act like you not happy, I know you ready to see your barbie Nicki."

"You ain't gotta talk bout her like that midget, and of course I'm watching over you can't trust these lil niggas around here." He scoff at the last part as we enter the crowded backyard.

I finally turn around to face him with an annoyed look spreading across my face "August please let me enjoy myself this is my first party I ever went to-"

"What about that party freshman year?" He asks innocently but with an angry look taking over his features.

I watch as his face scrunches up out of heated passion before answering "that doesn't count August."

"And what if it happens again?..." He challenges making me go silent as I look away from him and around at everyone else. "Tone I wasn't there then and I still beat myself up about it till this day, but I am here now and I want you to know that nothing like that will ever happen again as long as I'm around and even when I'm gone okay?" He lefts up my chin so my head is tilted up to face his.

I stare into his beautiful chocolate eyes before nodding my head in response "I know Aug." He leans down and kisses my forehead before smiling down at me.

"Good, now you go find Janet and I will go find some food and don't take any op-"

"Open drinks I know August" I roll my eyes playfully as he walks off before turning back around to face the large crowd. My eyes run over my dancing peers as my mind wonders.