Taken

I awoke in a dark, musty room. The walls were made of old red brick that looked strong, but at the same time looked like it had been worn away. The floor I was sat on was cold, hard concrete. My back was aching from the position I was left in.

Where am I? How did I get here? Questions like these swirled through my head, which didn't help my pounding headache.

I noticed that I was tied up around my ankles and wrists with a harsh, scratchy rope. The lighting in the room was poor, but I saw that there were no windows. There was only a door to my left, which I guessed was locked.

I wasn't going to be able to get myself out of here. Which meant someone from the outside would have to find me. My heart sank when I realized no one would find me. I bet no one was even looking.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the doorknob turning. The door opened with a loud creak. Someone in a black hoodie came in. I couldn't see the person's face so I was scared of what they were going to do to me.

As they got closer, I noticed they carried a small plate of food with them. I scooted away from them as they crouched down to the floor and set the food down. They stood back up and left me in the dark room, locking the door behind them. I refused to eat the food because I wasn't sure if they'd put poison in it. I pushed the metal plate away from me so it wouldn't be tempting.

As I sat there, extremely hungry and tired, I began to think about Nathan. I would never see him again. He wouldn't be able to find me here. I felt a warm tear slip down my cheek. I thought about how I will never see my best friend or my family ever again. I let go and felt more warm tears flood down my face.

I curled into a ball on the dusty floor and cried myself to sleep with thoughts of never being able to see Nathan again. To hug him, to take in his smell, to feel what its like to be in his strong arms. Never again.

-

Nathan's POV

I made my way back to my flat. What a long day I had had. Before I went in mine, I went to go check on Nicki. Hopefully she stayed in tonight like I asked her, it was too dangerous for her to go out after the close call today.

Taking my extra key to her flat, I unlocked the door. If she was sleeping, I wouldn't want to wake her up by making her answer the door.

I checked around her flat for her. Not in her room. Not on the couch. Bathroom was empty. Where was she?

"Nicki," I called out. No answer. "Nicki, you here?" I asked. Again no answer. I suddenly realized I hadn't checked the kitchen for her yet.

I walked in. Nicki was no where to be found. I noticed two cupcakes on the counter. Her cupcake's candle was still burning. It looked, by examining the height of the candle, that it had been burning for about 15 minutes. I looked around on the floor and saw some scuff marks.

This was odd. Nicki would never wear shoes inside, she always removed them at the door. Also, she would never leave a candle burning like that.

Then it hit me. I quickly reached for my pocket snatching for my phone, dropping it on the floor in the process. My hands shook as I pulled up the number and waited as my phone rang. My heart was racing and I could feel it pounding in my head. When the call was picked up, I said, "He got her." Then I hung up the call, sliding down the cabinets, dropping to the floor.

I felt tears prick my eyes and I broke down. I began to let out broken sobs. I felt so pathetic that I didn't protect her or stay here when she needed me most. I had left her, alone and in the dark.

I soon snapped out of it and realized that crying like a whimp wouldn't get her back. I wiped away my last tear and stood with a new burning fire to find her. I would find her and never let her feel alone again.

A/N - Hey readers! Sorry this was later than usual. I was super busy all day yesterday and didn't finish the chapter so I had to work on it today. Sorry its so short, but I didn't want to reveal anything yet. That will all happen next week, hopefully. Changed up the POV's today. What did you all think of that?

The last chapters are coming up soon. :( Hopefully I can get all the chapters written on time with school starting in a little over a week. Thank you all so much for being such loyal readers! It really means a lot!

Who do you think the person in the hoodie is? Who is "he"? Will Nathan find Nicki? Tell me what you think! Would love some feedback! :) Vote, comment, share, fan!

- Cassie ❤