Fourteen

an addled mind

❝ an addled mind ❞

"You again."

Seth leans against the drawer next to Sonja's desk, his hands in the pockets of his black suit, watching her as she gathers the pictures and documents in front of her into a small pile. Some of them, pictures for ID; their pictures. Seth furrows his brows.

"I'm here to collect the passports," he tells her and Sonja watches him for a moment, before turning around to her desk again.

"They're not done yet."

Obviously.

"You said they would be."

"You can pick them up tomorrow."

She throws another look at him, glancing at his tight expression, before turning away from her desk and lifting from her seat.

Tomorrow.

How much longer are they supposed to stay in this fucking town?

"Look, I don't have that kind of time," Seth explains, watching as Sonja walks over to him. She leans past him, reaching into the drawer he leans against. "I'm on the clock."

"On the clock, huh?"

She stops in her action, suddenly so close to him that the man forgets to regulate his thoughts. He can sense her spicy perfume, something musky and oriental, and his gaze wanders from her chestnut hair to her hazel eyes.

With slight confusion, Seth watches as her face moves dangerously close to his. He can feel her breath on his lips; a look in her eyes that he knows too well. 

"What?" he brings out, suddenly losing his secure stand, before out of the blue, her lips crash against his.

It takes him a moment to realize what's going on; she's making a full blown move on him.

She's careful with her approach, he can feel it, but she's still forceful enough to mentally send him away for a very fleeting moment, until he processes what's happening.

Instantly, his brows snap together and he pulls away, uncomfortably meeting her gaze again.

Look at that. Got more action in one day than in three months combined.

"Ugh..." A flattered smirk pulls at his moistened lips, and in his head he searches for the right excuse as he meets her relaxed gaze. "Listen," he begins, "I'm leaving. It's best we don't start anything we can't finish."