Four

only i can mention me

❝ only i can mention me ❞

"I saved you a piece."

He looks at her as she stares at the TV, pretending not to hear him.

"You're really pulling through with this act, aren't you?"

She remains silent, eager to ignore the crap out of him. He deserves it, she strictly continues to tell herself, afraid to give in as soon as his soft side shows.

The Gecko scowls. Pity — that's definitely not the way he wants to get her attention. "Alright, Audrey Hepburn, guess that means no breakfast for you then."

For a split second, he spots her eyes twitch. He bites back a gloriously smug smirk, and the next second she already lifts from the bed. Huh, Seth thinks triumphantly. But instead of venturing up to him at the table as he expected, she turns and heads for the bathroom with a flounce, locking herself inside it the second the door slams in its frame.

Staring at the closed door in perplexity, Seth's smirk fades as quickly as it grew and he narrows his dark brown eyes. He knows women can be particularly moody at a certain time of the month ― not that he knows anything about the girl's cycle ― but it's what he chooses to believe, despite being well aware of the obvious.

She has never acted out before. She is an easy person to care for, someone who does not demand a lot from him. A few dollars for personal belongings here and there, a bit of attention whenever she feels like talking ― which has become a rare occasion ― but nothing Seth would refuse to give her anyway. At least she doesn't drive him nuts about food like Richard always did. No, she does it for different reasons.

"This is bullshit," he mutters, putting down the pack of buns. He lets himself fall onto the bed with a creaking, purposely on her side of the mattress ― demonstratively propping his feet on the blanket. He grabs the TV remote next to him and switches to another channel. His eyes fixate on certain objects presented in sickly yellow colors on the small television, but his mind is elsewhere. After a while, he notices the shower isn't running, but forbids himself to think of her any longer.

She doesn't want to talk? Fine with him. She can see how she'll hold up without him.

 She can see how she'll hold up without him