Five

and whose fault is that?
must be yours.

Neon lights flicker above their heads ― a kaleidoscope of yellow, lime green and the most lewd pink Amber has ever seen

'Zorra' reads the sign. Something of a smirk shows on Seth's lips as his dark eyes come across it, but quickly it fades. The cornily shimmer letters gracing the stained wall fling him back to earlier times when he and Richie used to celebrate every so trivial score with a drink. He would keep his cool with a classic scotch, whereas Richard would go down the list of drinks like an excited school girl with a fake ID, and finally order whatever the heck his flighty self felt like. Even though, as Seth hates to admit, they have never found themselves seated in the cushioned seats of a place even close to the 'Zorra'. Despite some unfortunate exceptions, taste is something that runs naturally in the Geckos' blood. And this joint is everything but tasteful.

A stung feeling forms in the older Gecko's body. Were Richard to see him now, he would laugh right in Seth's face.

Amber, for her part, seems swept away by the scenery unfolding in front of her eyes as she enters. Seth can't tell if she's disgusted or curious, and suddenly he fears the location reminds her too much of the Twister's cruel beginnings. That the setting will trigger her, and then it'll be the mercado all over again.

His gaze darts her way in concern, but she is calm. Her eyes flow over the tables and stages in an almost too casual motion — dim red light streaming from every dark corner, dancing figures intertwining with smoke. Some look like flamingos to Amber, the way they curl their legs around the poles and stretch their smooth bodies up in the air.

For a moment, Seth finds himself captured by the simplicity of such a moment, watching her her from the sockets of his eyes, before she suddenly turns around, apparently well-fed with the sight. "Are we getting a drink or what?"

He slightly raises his brows at her words, because he can't help but think of the last time he had a drink with her, where it's all been different. Everything is different now.

"See those empty seats over there?" He points to the closest corner near the stage, just about the right angle to have everything in view. "Take a seat, I'll be there with some drinks in a few minutes."

"Fine."

"And remember — we're only here to check this place out, all right? Don't draw any attention to yourself," he says, and instantly he could give himself a smack. Has he seen her?

"A scotch," Amber suddenly says, momentarily throwing him off.

"What?"