#2

Sometimes Avi forgot about the whole soulmate thing.

It wasn't like his soulmate never wrote him. The other one, after years Avi had realized, was older than him and every now and then when Avi drew for him, the other one helped finish the doodles on their skin.

But that was it and one day it stopped being enough for Avi.

Sometimes Avi hated the other one for not doodling for him and for not writing to Avi, but other times he pretended to not care at all about the whole soulmate business.

Some of his classmates had never gotten anything from their soulmate whereas others were already chatting with theirs. And although Avi didn't want to, he felt pressured and all the stuff he had to learn didn't help either.

One day, Avi was so stressed by school, that he forgot his soulmate would be able to read the things Avi wrote on his hand. And because of that, Avi scribbled the answers to the test he would be taking on his hand.

It wasn't much and usually, he didn't try to cheat, but no matter how hard he studied he couldn't remember everything. That and writing on his (and therefore his soulmate's) skin had an oddly calming effect on him.

When he later entered the classroom, he told his teacher his soulmate had written him a note and because that was such a private matter nobody asked to read it.

And while he was writing his test, he scribbled a little smiley on his thumb. Avi didn't know exactly why he did that or what he was expecting to happen, but he smiled when he felt the familiar tickle on the palm of his hand.

.

.

.

Maybe it was wrong of Adam to not try to contact his soulmate, but he wanted to wait. And although he had waited for years already, he would wait for some more.

Considering Adam didn't know how big exactly their age difference was, that was probably the one thing that gave him a headache more often than he liked to admit. He hated it sometimes.

However, the little one made the waiting at least somehow bearable and Adam loved his soulmate for it. Because every single day at one point Adam's skin would start to tickle and he would watch bemused as his soulmate doodled all sorts of little things on their skin. 

To be honest, it was Adam's favorite time of the day. Over the years, his soulmate's drawing skills had improved a lot and the little one even had started to color the things he had drawn.

Adam sometimes thought he could feel their bond strengthen every time they were in contact like this, but they never wrote proper messages and that was all his fault. 

And then one day when Adam was in college, he sat in class and was close to falling asleep when the familiar tickle woke him up again.

The writings he had noticed earlier and recognized them as some of the stuff he had learned in High School, but the happy face on his thumb was new. 

Smiling, Adam took a pen and crossed out a note he knew wasn't entirely right and corrected it.

°^°

Please vote and/or review if you like this story and THANK YOU for being here!