#4

And then Avi got older and finished college without ever having met his soulmate.

He didn't know when it stopped bothering him completely, but he could pinpoint the exact moment it started again.

With a fond smile, Avi looked at his hand. The black ink/ring around his finger had never disappeared after his soulmate drew it on them and Avi was glad for it. 

Because he knew it was no tattoo. He could feel the difference.

Every day his finger would start to tickle when his soulmate drew the ring anew. 

Maybe it was a bit too cheesy, but after that, they had started to 'talk'. Short conversations, nothing too exciting, but to Avi it meant the world. At first, he had wanted to be mad at the other one, but then he found deep in his heart that he simply couldn't hate his soulmate.

Another good thing that came out of this change was the new motivation Avi got from his soulmate. He drew inspiration from them and finally started to pursue his dreams.

Because the other one didn't know Avi had become a musician during college, he could sometimes scribble little bits of song lyrics that just came to him on his arm. His soulmate loved them, even though they never got to hear the finished product, even though they never knew these would turn into proper songs.

But for Avi, that was enough. It got them to open up to each other without them giving information who they could be. It was like a game and while Avi traveled all over the country with his band, he just waited for the day his soulmate would accidentally stumble over his music and the hidden messages.

Until one day, he forgot he was already famous and started to write a song for his soulmate, only for his soulmate and nobody else. His first draft, however, he wrote on his thigh.

.

.

.

Adam didn't like getting out of bed anymore. His soulmate was somewhere out there and he had no idea how to find them.

But things had changed, thanks to him opening up to his little one. The little one, who wasn't a little one anymore, had started to write more than doodle and although Adam missed the doodles, the messages were better.

He loved their conversations more than he loved the snippets of song texts and drawn flowers. Well, he couldn't call them proper conversations, yet, but it was enough to have him ache with the need to find his little one.

When his leg started to tickle in the middle of the night, Adam threw the covers away from him and watched in fascination as the little one scribbled all over their thigh. Some lines were already crossed out again as they wrote and wrote on every free piece of skin.

It brought a smile to his face and because he was sure he would be unable to walk properly while his soulmate wrote on them, he just leaned back and watched. Like a poem or a song the writings started to fit together and then it hit him.

His soulmate wrote a love song.

And for some reason that hurt Adam so much more than he could've ever imagined  it in his worst nightmares.

Hastily, he leaned over and grabbed a pen from his nightstand. He freed his other leg that yet had to be assaulted by the ink from his little one.

But then he just stared at his pale skin. Would the little one even like him?

'I need to see you' he wrote and although it was very vague, he somehow knew his soulmate would understand him.

°^°

And we're almost done. This story is again just a short story to see how the ship works for me, but it's okay I find myself loving the ship now more than ever!

Please vote and/or review if you like this story and THANK YOU for being here!