Chapter Thirty

I have to fill out questions for the yearbook, and one of the questions is 'What was your saddest moment?'. I can't exactly say that there are a lot of mean people in our year, can I? I don't even like these people, the only reason I'm filling it out is because I don't want people to forget about me! Anyway, what kind of a bloody question is that? There were no good questions!

Ugh, this is so bloody annoying!

Anywho, tonight I'll probably put up the next round of baby names, so get voting if you haven't already!

copyright

"What if the stick was lying?" Niall whispered to Liam in the hospital waiting room the next week, clutching his Mate's hand with a death grip and looking around the room in terror, which confused Liam because it was a hospital reception – it would be pretty hypocritical to hurt you.

"It will be okay if you're not pregnant, love, we can just practice some more," the Alpha replied with a cheeky smile.

The heavily pregnant woman in the row in front of them looked up at them in shock with a gasp, covering her daughter's ears. Although, it made Niall laugh and finally relax, and that was all that mattered.

"I know there's a little baby in there, Niall, people always say you can smell it," Liam explained into Niall's brunette hair, the arm resting on the back of Niall's chair falling to wrap around his waist and the hand curving around the slight bump covered by Niall's baggy jumper.

Niall smiled and nuzzled his neck, however it was short-lived, his back straightening again when a nurse called out his name. The couple stood up and walked towards the nurse, following her down through corridors until they were seated outside an office. They were both pale and clutching onto each other's hand: Niall didn't want to disappoint his Alpha and was already attached to the baby which he believed was growing inside him, whilst Liam was worried because he didn't want to disappoint Niall by their not being a baby. Niall was literally his dream-come-true and a baby, whom would start of their family officially, would be the icing on top. He involuntarily wrapped his arm around Niall's shoulders and pulled him into his side, lost in his thoughts that the pregnancy test could have been wrong.

It wasn't long before the door opened and a doctor in a white coat stepped out. The tan Beta, with black hair and tired brown eyes, welcomed them into his office.

"Zayn Malik," he introduced, shaking the couple's hands, a gold wedding band on his finger. He indicated for them to be seated in front of his desk and waited for himself to be seated behind it, before he continued. "I'll be your midwife throughout this process. Why do you think you're pregnant? First child?"

"Yeah, I peed on a stick," Niall bluntly stated, his lips a straight line.

Zayn burst into laughter, whilst Liam didn't even flinch anymore.

"Right, why don't you get onto the table and I'll take an ultrasound," Zayn suggested, indicating towards the corner of the room.

Niall and Liam walked over to the table and the Alpha helped the Omega up. Niall held onto Liam's hands with white knuckles as he pulled up his shirt to reveal a slight, firm bulge, which he could only notice. God, he hoped he wasn't just putting on weight.

"So," Zayn said switching on the machine, "you only arrived in the Pack, right?"

Niall smiled and nodded affectionately towards his Mate, "And almost immediately I was Mated to this idiot."

"You were on the run?" Zayn inquired absentmindedly, cupping a hand over Niall's stomach, but pulling it back very quickly when Liam emitted a growl. He smiled at the Alpha when Liam started to apologise profusely, knowing that the growl was just instinct. He wouldn't have done that if he didn't think that there was a baby in there. The Beta instead picked up the jelly and rolled the tube between his hands before squirting a dollop onto Niall's belly – the Omega didn't even flinch at the warmed substance.

"I-I was," Niall whispered, looking at the Beta warily, and Zayn knew immediately that he had hit a sore spot.

"It doesn't matter," he quickly amended, even though it wasn't his intention to cause offence, "but do you know if there are any diseases in your family line."

Niall shook his head and looked at Liam with a raised eyebrow.

"Does an annoying mother who wants to know exactly everything that's happening, even your sex positions, and an Alpha father who disapproves of all your life choices count?" he inquired, looking up at Zayn innocently.

Zayn chuckled with a "No", whilst Niall raised his free hand to cup his Alpha's cheek, saying to Zayn, "Mummy and daddy issues."

Zayn couldn't help but smile fondly at the couple. "Right, let's see what we have here." He picked up the wand and placed it on Niall's belly, moving it around and spreading the jelly, before smiling and stopping with the wand near Niall's hip, close to his v-line. He pointed at the screen. "Would you like to say hello to the new addition?"

***

"Not bad," Niall praised, digging into the dinner that was placed in front of him.

It was quite a coincidence that Niall and Liam had a dinner date arranged at the Styles residence later the day that they found out that they were expecting. They knew that they shouldn't tell the triplets and their Mate about their little family expanding until the second trimester, but they were too excited to keep it a secret.

"My Alpha slaved away in the kitchen," Louis giggled, running his hand through Marcel's hair affectionately and fixing the crooked glasses, getting a blush and peck to the temple in response from the Alpha. Also a jealous squeeze on his thigh from Edward and pout from Harry further up the table.

It wasn't until the Omega's had handed out desert that Niall and Liam looked at each other and knew that they couldn't hold back the secret anymore, lest they actually burst.

"So, Niall and I were at the hospital earlier," Liam stated, looking up cautiously at the boys that he'd grown up with and the Omega who they were settling down with.

The triplets looked up at the couple whose hands were joined on the table, giving strength to each other, whilst Louis just smiled and started buzzing in his seat.

The couple's free hands came to rest on Niall's softly protruding belly. "You'll have to have another place set in eight months."

"Oh my God!" Louis squealed, jumping out of his seat and running around the table to yank Niall out of his seat and hug him tightly. "Congratulations. How far along? How many?" he questioned excitedly, placing a hand over Niall's belly to feel the soft curve.

"One little baby at five weeks," Niall replied with a smile, tears glittering in his eyes.

To Louis it seemed like everything was in slow motion as he looked over to the triplets who were congratulating Liam, but whom looked up when they sensed him looking at them. He giggled and smiled, the Alpha's smiling back, a warm feeling in their Mate Marks.

They were thinking the same thing.