Chapter Sixty-Five

copyright

(Niall – 25. Louis - 18)

"Are you kidding me?" Niall whined, using Liam to heave himself up from the sofa at the knocking coming from the door.

"Niall, at least be quiet about it: Louis' sleeping," was all Liam could advise, helping Niall to the front door.

Niall rolled his eyes when he opened the door and saw two thirds of the infamous triplets.

"Please – "

"No, Harry," Niall immediately interrupted, "he doesn't want to see anyone and he's sleeping at the moment."

"Niall – "

"Marcel, you need to give him time," Liam begged.

Marcel's face fell and Harry looked over at his brother for guidance.

Harry cleared his throat and pulled something out of his pocket, a small velvet box. "Please – "

Niall shook his head and looked down, not able to look up at the brothers. He slowly closed the doors in the Alphas faces and turned back to his Mate, falling into Liam's arms with a sob and firm shake of his head. Liam wrapped his arms around the Omega, hugging him tight.

"It's okay, Niall," Liam reassured, "you know Louis will forgive them as soon as he sees them, but he doesn't want to do that."

Niall nodded in agreement. "And he can't accept Marcel and Harry's proposal, because what about Edward?"

"It's not our decision, love, to suddenly wake Louis up with Harry and Marcel just sitting in the kitchen."

"We'll let him make the decision himself," Niall nodded, not able to stand near the door anymore when he could smell the sad Alphas still standing out there and walking to the living room. "Don't tell Louis, okay? He's been really stressed lately and I'm really worried about what could happen."

"I know that Louis' health is really important, but you also have to think about your own. I'm worried about you, darling," Liam whispered into Niall's hair, kissing the brunette strands.

"I have you, Louis doesn't have his Mates. I've heard horror stories about what could happen to a pregnant Omega that doesn't have their Mate."

"Don't think about that, love, everything will be fine."

Niall nodded and headed into the kitchen.

"I hope so," Liam whispered, following his Mates, already dreading the worst.

***

A week later the worst did happen.