Chapter 10

I sat nervously on the hood of an abandoned car, legs swinging back and forth as Nick paced back and forth, his thoughts so strong I could almost hear them, he sighed, eyes widening with understanding before lifting me off the car and beckoning for me to follow him, we ducked around the corner, making sure we couldn't be seen over the hight of the fence we were hiding behind.
"Bo said he had a brother, right?"
"Yeah" I replied, confused as to he relevance of his question.
"Vincent." He said with conviction.
"He did all the sculptures back at the house, he's gotta be the one who does that wax." I stopped suddenly behind Nick as he peered through a hole in the fence. "He's gotta be around here somewhere."
"Yeah..." Nick replied distractedly, before storming off out into the open.
"Wait! Nick what are you doing? We gotta be careful."
"I am being careful." He growled angrily, leading the way to a hunting shop. He ran over to he door and slammed into it a few times in attempt to open it before turning towards the large display window. Suddenly he threw his arm back, spanner in hand before attempting to throw it at the window, without a second thought I grabbed his arm and held it in place, forcing him to stop.
"What are you doing?" I snapped, "it will make too much noise!" I held his free hand a little tighter before speaking again. "Why you gotta always be the hero Nick? He will find us and when he does he's not gonna give us a quick death."
"Yeah well chances are he's gonna find us anyways, at least now he's gonna know where to find us." Idiot. Was the last thought I had before the window before me shattered into millions of pieces, a loud crash echoing around the street. I growled angrily as he hopped up into the display and took the crossbow out of the manakins hand.
I screamed as the glass window of the door was shattered by a bullet.
"Go! Go!" Nick yelled as he jumped down off the display, we sprinted down the road before turning left and running straight into the cinema, dodging bullets all the way. I stopped halfway down the stairs turning left and right and just taking in the littered corpses that sat upright in chairs as if they were just normal people who had come to watch a movie, I jumped in surprise as the woman on the screen burst into song.
"I've written a letter to daddy..." Nick grabbed my wrist and turned me towards him,
"Okay, you go left and I'll go right, sit in one of the chairs and stay as still as possible okay?" I nodded, tightening my grip on my pliers before sitting in the middle of a middle row. I held my breath as the door to the cinema slammed open and bows voice echos around the room,
"I know your in here"came his sinister voice, before the sound of him reloading his shotgun. "Come out, come out where ever you are.." He said in a sing song voice, I could hear his feet shuffle around the floor behind me, I held my breath, letting a single tear roll down my face as I felt him walk past me, "come on pretty," he spoke in a southern drawl, "let's finish what we started, hm?" I gulped, clutching the pliers tighter in my hand, suddenly he whirled round, squinting his eyes in realisation as he spotted me,
"Nick!" I screamed, ducking just in time to feel the bullet fly straight to where my head just was before connecting with the corpse behind me, Nick fired the crossbow and hit Bi straight in his arm, disabling his aim, I quickly ran out of my seat and up the stairs, once again barley missing a bullet that was fired at my head, we barged brought the door and into the section with the ticket booth hearts thumping in our chests.
"Take this!" Snapped handing me the cross bow, I quickly arranged it in my grip before placing an arrow inside and holding it up at eye level, I jumped as the door flew open and I came face to face with Bo, I smirked as I took aim and fired the arrow straight into his chest, he dropped to the floor. I walked over to him and prodded him with the bow, checking to see his condition. Dead. I'd just killed someone...
I held my breath as I bent down to grab his shotgun, checking to see if there was any ammo left I sighed as it revealed only empty shells, I then began searching the body for extra ammo but sighed in disappointment when I found none.
"Nick?" I asked, turning towards him, confused as to why he had handed me the crossbow. I frowned in confusion at his sheepish expression, as he pulled his hand away from his bicep revealing a chunk of flesh missing.
"Mother fucker shot me." He spoke with a small edge of shock to his tone.
My eyes widened as I rushed forward to inspect the injury, I gently grabbed his arm and turned it towards me, sighing in relief as I realised the bullet had just skimmed past him, cutting his harm fairly deeply in the process, but there was no bullet lodged in his arm.
"For gods sake Nick." I said with a roll of my eyes before ripping off the bottom of my shirt like Wade had done for me earlier and wrapping it round Nicks arm, "now this is gonna hurt okay? Don't worry though, it's just a graze" I teased, " on the count of three yeah? One, two-" I yanked the fabric in a knot over the wound, causing Nick to cry out in pain hand flying over to hold his arm. "Sorry babe..." I mumbles, placing a kiss onto the makeshift bandage.
"C'mon, we gotta get out of here," I said, catching his gaze and pulling him from his thoughts,
"Yeah... Let's go" he mumbled distractedly as I grabbed his hand and lead him towards the exit.