Chapter 13

Nick let out a yell as the knife slashed into the soft flesh of his back, body crumpling slightly in attempt to avoid the sharp edge. Hurriedly, I lowered wade to the floor, ignoring his desperate whimpers of protest. Rushing forward I shoved one of the metal trolleys into Nicks attacker, sending him stumbling to the floor, leaving no time for error I lurched forward, stomping my heel into the side of his face, paling slightly at the sickening crack, unsure as to weather it was bone, or the wax mask crackling beneath my foot. Quickly, I turned, grasping the fallen table and hauling it up, before slamming it back down on the now unconscious man.
"Nick!" I yelled, grabbing his attention, he stood quickly, rolling his shoulders in attempt to ease the sting in his back, it wasn't deep, but it was clearly long, starting at the bottom of his left shoulder blade and curling up and over his right.
"Wait." He ordered, turning towards the large pot of boiling wax, and tipping the molten substance into the grate that separated us from the masked maniac. Within seconds the grate was ablaze, strong flames wrapped around each other, hiding the unconscious body behind them. 
"Nick! We have to go!" I yelled, tearing his gaze away from the wildfire. He nodded, sprinting forward and hauling wade up, hushing the whimpering boy softly.
"You go first." He ordered once more, gesturing towards the staircase. I nodded, turning towards the cold stone steps that lead upwards, ignoring the wax walls, covered in faces of god knows who. We ran through the kitchen, then the main room, stopping only to stare at the figures that were once people. Flinging open the doors leading to the entrance room I froze, standing before me was Bo, a murderous look on his face. Without hesitation, Nick shoved wade onto me, before charging at the psycho infront of us. He tackled our attacker to the ground, but Bo quickly rolled them over, sending Nick flying over him and landing flat on his back, the wind knocked out of him. But he was on his feet in a second, squaring up to his assailant, I'd never seen Nick loose a fight before, but this time, he was loosing badly, I winced as Bo delivered punch after punch to his face, before altering his position and driving a fist into Nick's stomach, and throwing him into a nearby wax couch. Without another thought I lowered Wade to the ground, gripping the bat tightly I surged forward, smashing the bat into the sensitive bone of Bo's back. He roared in anger, swiftly turning and delivering a sickening punch to my face, the force of it knocked me back, sending me tumbling to the ground.
Suddenly Nick was up again, trading punches with the older man, completely oblivious to their surroundings, and the wax floor that was slowly melting into nothingness. Scrambling up from the floor I pulled wade up and yanked him towards the kitchen window, leaning him against the wall I grabbed a highchair, the only non wax thing in the room, and smashed it through the frail glass, shattered shards dropped to the ground, echoing throughout the house, but all that mattered right now was saving Wade and Nick.
" I need you to get out of here."
"Jess-"
"No. Your hurt, you can barley walk. I need to save Nick and your only gonna slow us down. I love you brother. I need you to be okay. Your gonna get out this window and go as far as you can and try get help or something. But no matter what happens, you get as far away from this building, cause it's about to go down like the Titanic."
He nodded silently, yanking me into a brief hug before stumbling out the window, I turned quickly, running towards the main room again, I felt sick at the sight, Nick was lying on his back, nose bleeding heavily, Bo's hands fisted in his shirt, eyes blazing.
"Your finished." He snapped, yanking Nick up, hands wrapping themselves round his neck, thumb pressing effectively onto his windpipe, cutting off his air. But just as fast as Bo had gained control, he lost it. Nick had grabbed the end of the arrow that was sticking out of his chest and yanked, immediately stopping Bo's rough attack and sending him toppling, limply to the floor. He straddled him, fists pounding into the older mans face relentlessly. Suddenly there was a gleam of something, fire reflecting off metal. Nick screamed, hands flailing before grasping uselessly at his thigh where the blade had embedded itself, using the opportunity Bo slammed his feet into Nick's belly, sending him flying backwards. He groaned in pain, small whimpers escaping his bloodied lips.
Fuck. He was going to kill him.
I scrambled towards the bat, grasping the heavy weight between my hands before standing and rushing over to where Bo stood looming over Nick's weakened frame, without a thought a swung the bat, ignoring the crunch as it shattered the bones beneath it, again and again I let the bat fly, letting the weak structure crumble beneath the soft flesh of his face.
Blood steamed around the dead mans face, but I didn't care, all the pent up rage and emotion surged through me, images of Paige, Dalton and Blake echoed behind my eyes. I was once again yanked from my thoughts my Nick's panicked scream.
"Babe! Behind you!" I swung round, bat brandished in my fist, ready to take on whoever dared interrupt my revenge. But Vincent never came, instead dropping to his knees beside his fallen brother, hands tracing his face, unknowing of what to do to help. Just like me with Wade earlier.
I ran over to Nick, desperately trying to pull him up, I ignored Vincent's anguished scream, continuing to attempt to pull Nick up, but suddenly Vincent's expressionless face was fixed on me, eyes murderous, screeching for revenge.
"Run!" Snapped Nick, knowing the masked man wasn't going to harm him, and was instead coming for me. I obeyed, sliding across the melted floor and towards the stairs.
"Go! Jessie! Run!" I picked up my pace, smashing the barrier guarding the stairs to the side and leaping up them two at a time.
"Vincent!" Came Nick's anguished scream, desperate to grab the attention of the killer. "Hey! Vincent!" I looked back just in time to see Nick scramble to his feet, hand clutching the knife embedded in his thigh, but Vincent ignored him, instead opting to gain on me, eyes murderous in the blazing light. "I swear to God if you hurt her!" He screamed desperately, falling to his knees, empty threat hanging uselessly in the air.
I continued to run, skidding through the empty hallways, searching for some sort of refuge within the house of horrors, the house itself was melting beneath my feet, attempting to trap me with every step I took. Taking a left, I slipped into a bedroom, slamming the door behind me, desperately I look round the room, searching for something to barricade the door with. I grinned when my eyes finally set on a wax crib, I ignored the conjoined twins that sat upright within it, waxy features emotionless. Dragging the object infront of the door I backed up slightly, breathing in a sigh of relief.
Just as I thought I was safe, my bubble was shattered, a kitchen knife stabbed through the door, slicing effortlessly through the melting wax, before continuing down towards the ground. It's blade cut seamlessly through the conjoined twins, separating them from each other.
Huh. How ironic.
Getting to my feet I stared in horror as Vincent pulled apart the wax door, and threw the crib to the side, standing viciously before me.
Desperately I searched my head for the right words to stop this man, finally grasping them within my memory.
"stop! Listen to me, listen to me!" I breathed heavily before continuing. "I heard you talking, you don't have to do this! You don't have to listen to your brother. I saw Bo's scars, and the high chairs!" I screamed as he lunged for me, stumbling frantically across the bed, landing heavily on the floor next to it, I turned, eyes searching his, ignoring the heat emanating from the floor below.
"Your not a freak! He was!" I cried out desperately, the room froze. " you don't need to do this; Bo was lying to you! Your an artist! Do you really think that your mother would've wanted you to do this?" At this the figure lunged towards me, I let out a shrill scream and raced past him and out the door, narrowly avoiding an enraged Nick who charged at the man and tackled him onto the bed. Straddling him in attempt to defeat the horror. But suddenly The tables turned and it was Nick beneath him, Vincent's knife held readily above Nicks face, only stopped by his desperate hands clawing and both the killers hand and face. Suddenly Vincent's mask slipped from his face, revealing the scars caused by his separation.
"Oh shit!" Gasped Nick, eyes wide, only enraging the crazed man more.
"Jessie!" He screamed hands holding desperately onto Vincent, in attempt to stay alive. I stumbled back in, eyes widening when I realised my bat was beneath them, sunken into the mattress as it melted. Nicks eyes frantically looked towards the knife sticking into his thigh, in a second I was there hand grasping the hilt of the knife, yanking it out of the meat of Nicks thigh. He screamed at the pain but I ignored it, hand lifting the bloodied knife back, ready to stab it forward. But Vincent swung round, knife aimed straight for my face, but instantly Nick grabbed his arm, restraining him.
"Do it! Do it now!" He yelled, eyes wide, ignoring my conscience, I surged forward, plunging the knife into the muscle of his back, Soon after Nick was kicking the man off sending him flying onto the floor. Then through it.
I screamed as the floor beneath us dissapeared and we were sent tumbling into the melted balcony beneath us.
Instinct taking over I leapt up, hands grabbing at Nicks wrecked hoodie as I lifted him up, the entire place was ablaze, molten wax coating the lower floors.
"How do we get out?" Questioned Nick, eyes frantically searching the ground below us, turning towards the wall I had an idea.
"We dig!" I yelled, fingers scrabbling at the weak wax, feeling it give way beneath my hands.
"It's working!" Nick yelled in shock as our hands breached through, the cool air of the night smashing onto our hands. A drastic contrast to the heat of the house.
"Go! Go!" Ordered Nick, shoving me through the hole, before following close behind. We had managed to dig directly out onto the 'house of wax' sign, sighing in relief I relaxed slightly against Nick. But suddenly we were falling, the sign slipping slowly down the side of the house, us slotted beneath it. We hit the ground with a thud, desperately clambering out of the sign before slipping along the wax made path that had been created. We scrambled up, Nick clutching his thigh once more and watched in amazement as the entire house melted into itself. The noise was unbearable, the sound of shattering glass echoed round the town along with the popping of wax bubbles that made me jump every time. But we were safe. Our two attackers melted into the molten wax, no longer did we have to be afraid. Taking charge, I grabbed Nicks arm, leading him towards a nearby step and setting him down, ripping off another chunk of my t-shirt I wrapped it tightly around his leg, ignoring his pained protests. I then sat down beside him and just breathed. In, out. In, out.
"We're safe?" I muttered, leaning my head against his shoulder.
"Yeah. We're safe."