Chapter Seven

"What was that?"

" I have a boyfriend now. " 

I smiled hard as hell as the words left my mouth and Slim must of saw how happy I was and he started laughing and smiling too. 

" Ah shit, I see you all in love again."

" Whatever Slim." I said nudging his shoulder and laughing.

" So you know Steph is pregnant, I love her and all but I don't know what to do "

" What do you mean? just get back with her so you guys can finally be happy."

" But what if I'm not ready?  What if I hurt her again."

Slim honestly looked so conflicted about all of this. I know he regrets all the stuff he did to Steph last year and he has made up for it so much. So this would be like the final step to show her he really want her, he wants this family. 

" look Brandon, you are ready and I'm telling you that because it's true. Your main reason for getting clean was for her right?  You stayed faithful to her even though you guys aren't together, you tell Tehya love her all the time, and you were happy about the pregnancy so just take all of that and put it into being a good boyfriend and great father."

" Thanks, M. Always coming in clutch with the good advice."

"Welcome, I just wish your boy would follow that advice."

" Speaking of him, did Tehya tell you they talked?"

" Yeah, I didn't expect that."

" Why? You know she always has your back."

I know she always has my back and Tehya always proved she was down to ride but what I didn't expect was Kells to argue with her about us. I honestly didn't think he cared anymore. I didn't think he wanted me anymore despite what he says because he didn't want me when we were together so why now did he decide that he would want to try and again. I explained this all to Slim

" Don't be stupid, Obviously he does and he still loves you, even enough to let you go and be happy with Mr.Producer."

"I guess you're right ?"

" I know I am." 

"say cheese, you're going on my instagram."

I pulled out my phone to take another photo of Slim but he looked at the camera with a straight face.

 I posted it on Instagram and instantly it got a bunch of likes and comments. I read some of the comments, responding to some of them like the ones that said Slim and I would make a couple I just laughed and tagged Stephanne. Another said she was happy that Kells dumped me because I was a whore who probably cheated with the crew. I'm not really used to getting hate, in the beginning of his career people didn't really who I was but they had suspicions because of Her Song and a lot of the fans didn't meet me until No Class but they knew I grew up with the crew. I showed Slim and he told me to just ignore it.

" You're gonna have to get used to that " he said sternly like he was my Dad or something

" But why would they think I cheated? knowing how he is, like I was openly claiming him while he was cheating on me publicly! but I'm the whore!?! fuck outta here!?!"

" So you're not over him?" I laughed at him mockingly 

" Oh no, I'm completely over him I'm just not over the situation. I haven't gotten played like that since sophomore year."

Slim seemed to be engrossed in what he was doing and I was honestly so exhausted so i decided to just call it a night.

" Y'know I'm tired, imma go to sleep now."

*

*

*

It's been a couple weeks since Steph announced that she was pregnant. When she told Slim a few days later we decided to go to the doctor in the next city we stopped in to check and see how far along she is. We found out she was about 2 months.

 We all had the discussion that if anything were to happen to Slim or her that I would take care of the baby, basically deeming me the God mother and maybe Kells or Dub to be the God father. She said she also called her family and everyone was excited except for her mother and step father. They told her she was a disgrace and that they didn't want to see her or that baby. Her mom went on a whole rant about having a baby by a hombre negro and not being married. Mrs.Lopez told her she doesn't want to see her unless she gets rid of the baby or leaves Slim. 

We all know neither is happening so we told her not to stress it. 

Colson was trying to console her" Steph, even though you get on my nerves i love you like a sister and this is your family, no matter what dawg." 

Ash chimed in " Yeah don't let that get to you, you got us and your brothers."

Stephanne said " Thank you guys."

Later that night while everyone went to the show i stayed with Steph while she cried in my arms. It fucking hurt like hell to see my best friend like this . I just don't understand how a mother could just abandon her child and grandchild. Yes I understand that Steph is grown but it's still fucked up. It's not fair for Mrs.Lopez to give Stephanne that ultimatum knowing how she feels about Slim. She never did that for BJ and she hates his girlfriend more than Slim but that was because she was the reason he got shot last year then she got pregnant then everything was fine. I just don't get that, Slim cheated but shorty got her son shot but she totally disowns Steph saying she making a bad decision and she's going to realize it when the baby is born. 

I feel like we never get a break.

 There's always something in our way, we never are able to just relax and enjoy all the shit we worked for. Just like me, Steph had to take responsibility for her brother. After their Dad left and Junior went to jail, she took up all the extra responsibilities then when her mother remarried, it was like her mom just forgot about them. So Stephanne took care of Bj and Junior once he got out. Even though I'm grateful for Mrs.L for letting Andy stay with her I knew it was only because she felt bad that BJ was by himself once Stephanne left.

Once the boys got back, Slim and Steph went off into the big bunk to be with each other, Once we found out Steph was pregnant Kells and Slim agreed to switch bunks so as Stephanne got bigger she would be more comfortable.

 All of this is honestly so surreal, both of my best friends have kids, One is getting married soon, like Steph told me a few years ago, we are in our prime, doing something that we love and living out our dreams with our loved ones. I'm only 25 and I have a long way too go but I feel like i need to hold onto everything or I'm going to let it slip through my fingers. I realized with Kells that I did love him but I don't think I was ready to give up what I worked so hard for and start a family and I think he feels the same. Of course I love Casie but I wouldn't want try and replace Tasha.

But now I've never been so sure of what I've wanted...