Save His Sorry Ass

There's no denying it... It's magic.

Before I can process what has happened a bolt of what looks like fiery lightening blasts out of the trees and heads straight for Arthur. It strikes him in the arm and he falls to the floor, his scream of agony goes straight through me, making me feel sick.
Another bolt fires towards him, this time I know what is happening and whisper under my breath:

Forp fleoge

I feel the heat in my stomach as it rises through my veins, and I feel the ultimate power burning behind my eyes. The lightening slows but not enough, it continues going heading for Arthur once again, who is struggling on the floor to stand. The bright light passes through his stomach and he keels over, with just a groan of pain. He sits on the floor hugging his stomach, a deep red, crimson liquid slowly trails across his body leaving a puddle in the grass. The sight making my stomach churn. (I just realised how many times I have said stomach...)

No... This had to have worked. Why didn't it work?! I can't let him die! I can't! What do I do?
Just as that thought starts to rotate in my mind, another bolt fires from the trees, the creator still unknown. I have to do this. I know they will see, but it's about time they knew. I am terrified but it's all I can do.
I slowly step forward, Sir Leon grabs my arm to pull me away but I ignore is protests. This is my chance to prove myself and to save his sorry ass... Again.
I move quickly in front of Arthur, a few feet from the tree line. I hold one arm in the air, the lighting heading straight towards me. I feel the power of pure magic moving around my whole body, it becomes a bit painful, my fingers tingle and my eyes burn but I don't lose focus. I let my eyes flicker a bright gold and the words escape my mouth.

Forp fleoge!

I scream, my breath escaping my body. I collapse on the floor with exhaustion. I feel a sudden heat coming from just in front of me. A few feet ahead of me, the trees burn, the lightening gone. The trees are alight with golden flames, it is evident that they are formed by magic... My magic, it is beautiful but terrifying. I sit on the floor and watch, ignoring the fact that I will probably get burnt from being so close to the flames. It relaxes me and gives me a sense of calmness.
A shout behind me wakes me from my daze. I turn my head and the knights are stood around Arthur shouting his name.
No! I have gone this far, the is no turning back, I might as well heal him. I stand to my feet and turn my back to the raging flames, and smoke. Without even thinking I walk over to the crowd.

"Move! I can help him!" I say desperately. Suddenly a few of the knights turn around and push me away.

"No! Please! I can help him!" They look at me their eyes evidently filled with rage and fear. They push me away again, drawing their swords. That's it. I am not letting some idiots with swords stop me from saving my friend.

"Listen up! The lot of you! I could kill you all with a flick of my wrist!" They look startled but they still don't move from their fighting stance.

Idiots.

"BUT, I am not going to! Because all I care about is saving his sorry ass! So if you don't move, Arthur will die!" I shout so they can all hear. The authority comes back to me after all this time. I have missed it, I have to admit.

The knights stand holding their swords, but they all slowly step to the side. As soon as there is a big enough gap I push through and collapse to my knees by the prince, who has fallen unconscious. The blood and the wounds give me a horrible sick feeling. I look down at him and my vision is blurred with salty tears.

"I can do this, I can do this, I can do this, I can..." I whisper under my breath. My friend, my best friend is dieing in front of my very eyes, and I am going to save him, just like I have many times before. But this time it is different, this time they all know.
I slowly place my hand a couple of centimetres above his horrifically bloody wound on his stomach. The blood still gushing out. Come on! Pull yourself together, you've got this.
I take a deep breath, I inhale then exhale a few more times, trying to pull my self together. Then just as before I fill myself with unbelievable power making my fingers and the palms of my hands tingle.

Ge hailige

I whisper the words, the tears spilling from my eyes, water-falling down my pale cheeks. Slowly a faint glow flows from my palms, I can sense the tension and nerves of the knights. The glowing magic flows slowly to the wound, slowly, but surely, the deep gash starts to close. The magic in physical form is so graceful and calm to watch. It slowly starts to engulf Arthur's body and I stand back to let it do its miraculous work. It floats around him, his blonde hair shining brighter as it mixes with the pure magic. The grace, the beauty is overwhelming and wonderful. I feel so calm and relaxed inside and I feel a small smile spread across my pale face.

I am snapped from my trance when I hear a furious voice coming towards me.
"What have you done? What did you do to him?! ANSWER ME SORCERER!"

Ugh, Uther.

I don't turn around and continue to watch Arthur. He is such an idiot. Isn't it obvious that he is healing. I feel a painful pull on my shoulders as several guards spin me around and push me to my knees, in front of the furious King.

"Undo what you have done to him!" He orders me. I roll my eyes. I look up at him and smirk.

"If you want him to die then fine, I will undo what I have done!"
I turn slightly and point a hand towards Arthur's body, that's laying on the ground motionless, still engulfed by the golden shimmer, I start to say some words in gibberish, faking a spell. Just to wind Uther up of course.

"No! Stop!" I turn back around again and I can see that this so-called mighty King's face is masked with fear. His hand is stretched out to his peaceful son.

"What did you do?" He asks me, returning to his idiotic, arrogant self. I let out a little laugh accidentally, earning a painful whack across the side of the face, my neck burns with pain from the whip lash.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SON?!" He shouts, making my ears ring.

"I healed him." I say as blandly as I can, stating what should be the obvious.

"Healed him? From what?" He says, his fury burning in his cruel eyes.

"Magic. Not mine. I think they're dead now though." I continue to speak in a stating-the-obvious voice. Obviously aggravating the mighty King Uther.

"What?" He says, confused. Oh my god! This guy is so slow!

"Sorry Sire, I set fire to the trees where the magical lighting bolts came from..." I say this in a slow voice as if I am talking to a child. I am not going to act like the clumsy, terrified servant anymore, I am going to be the real me, the fearless me, the sarcastic me. This earned me yet another blow to the head and this time a kick to the stomach too. I keel over, but the knights are holding my arms so I can't hug my stomach (there it is again)
I look back up at him and smirk. Typical, he is an idiot isn't he? I actually feel sorry for Camelot.

"Sorry Sire, but if you do that again, you and probably the whole of Camelot will suffer the wrath of Cadagorien. Oh and just so you know I don't need my hands to magicalify you," I say this with a big wide grin. Uther steps back and his eyebrows knit together. Then his face turns emotionless.

"You may not need your hands but you need your voice sorcerer!" He says and he smirks to himself. I scrunch up my nose and I cock my head in disagreement.

"That is also not so true... You see Sire, you clearly don't know much about magic, because I am NOT a sorcerer. In fact I am a Warlock and the first to live in over 300 years," I say, proudly, my smile returns and I cough, waiting for an answer from the bewildered King.

"Fine, but you can't use magic if you are dead!" This time I roll my eyes.

"Now you are getting the hang of it! The only way to stop me from using magic is to 1. Kill me or 2. If you don't want to kill me you are going to have to use magic yourself to rid me of mine!" He looks at me with a fury filled glare.

"Take this piece of filth to the dungeons and I, Uther Pendragon, sentence you to death. Tomorrow at noon you burn at the stake!"

God I hate Uther... I just wanted to make him seem like an idiot! I know that this doesn't really portray Merlin's actual personality very well but i couldn't help it, I really wanted him to be a bit of a smart ass for this scene! Comment, Vote.. Yadayadayada...