Those That I have lost

I'm so sorry about the video! Don't watch it if you don't want to cry. I found it on YouTube and I cried a lot after I saw it. It is related quite well to this chapter, so it will probably be better if you watch it (Just so you know, some of the things in the video I didn't even know what they are, but I cried anyway...)

I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling, silently thinking to myself about what I am going to do. I stand up and walk to the corner of the room. I kneel down and I lift a loose floor board. I place it to the side of me and then look into the small hole in the floor.

Sat at the bottom is a small wooden chest with the Ambrosius Crest engraved into the wood. The markings have been painted over with silver, giving the box a mystical look. I pick it up and walk back over to my bed after replacing the floor board.

I sit cross-legged on the cot and run my hands along the cold surface of the box.
It has been a while since I have looked at this, the last time I did was to put Father's dragon carving inside. I reach under my neckerchief and reveal a small silver key on a chain that I always wear around my neck. The key is also engraved with the Ambrosius crest.

I gently run my hands along the wood until I come across a small hole just large enough for the key to fit in. I push the key in to the hole and turn it. The sound of a metallic click springs to my ears. I pull the key out again and I return it to my neck. I look at the silver engraving again before pulling up the lid.

Inside the box lays the silver crown from my dreams, the crown that I have owned for most of my life. Gently I lift it out of the box and hold it carefully. The elegant metal is thin and I don't want it broken. The blue gem on the front seems to be alive as it glows ever so slightly. I feel a small smile on my lips. This is the first time I have been able to look at it, as a prince, in nine years. I turn and lay it on my pillow beside me and then I let my gaze return to the box, in the bottom lays a small ring.

I reach in and pick it up, a feeling of power seeping into my palm. It is small and silver. Around the outside of it are small engravings from the old religion. On the inside say the words:
"Never forget the love we share." Those words mean so much to me and I will remember them till the day I die. I slowly slip it onto my finger and the writing glows gold for a moment, then blue and then back to it's original colour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay on the grass watching the clouds float by. The deep blue of the sky matches my eyes, well that is what my friends always say.

"Merlin, why are you grinning like that?" A voice says beside me. I realise that I have been grinning widely.

I turn my head to see a girl, her name is Adeliza, the girl I think I have feelings for. Her long golden hair is laid out perfectly on the grass. Small flowers pin her fringe back with a braid running down the back of her head. Her eyes are a grassy green, and they always seem to glow with happiness. She has a small button nose and rosy, freckled cheeks. She rolls over so she is looking me in the eye.

"You are so happy today, what's up?" She asks me. I giggle at her comment and I sit up so I can see her properly. She wears a long purple dress, with a red ribbon tied around her waist. She is so beautiful. She sits up too and starts to fiddle with the grass, waiting patiently for my reply.

"I was just thinking," I say, it isn't entirely a lie. I have been thinking about her.

"Be careful Merlin, don't hurt yourself," she laughs. Her grin is wide and she looks so amazing when she smiles. I roll my eyes at her comment and I pout, jokingly.

"Oh don't look at me like that!" She laughs.

We continue to flirt for some time, but something attracts my attention. The sound of rustling in the trees beside us. I stand up and unsheathe my sword, Illumina, I stand facing the trees, unsure of what is about to happen. The trees turn silent but I still stand, with my back to Adeliza, which is the biggest mistake I have ever made...