Shot-22

"I don't know..." His vocal cords ached a bit while voicing those. Their eyes, glued to each other, trying to dive into the depth of those unusual feelings that they have recently grown for each other.

"I just don't know.." He bellowed, looking down, not being able to look into her appealing orbs then.

Sanyukta was clearly dazed at his retort. She was stunned!

Just then the calling bell broke the awkwardness in the air of the kitchen. Randhir looked up and Sanyukta kept her coffee mug in the cabinet and went towards the main door.

She returned back after few minutes and found Randhir sitting on the kitchen cabinet, sipping his coffee and looking outside the window. Sighing deeply at the previous awkward encounter and his amusing answer, Sanyukta stepped inside and Randhir looked up that instant. She kept the casserole on the table and washed her hands in the basin.

"Who was it.." She heard him asking.

"My neighbour.. She brought food..." Sanyukta took the coffee mug from his hand and kept it on the sink along with hers.

"Oh.." Randhir breathed.

"We should... Umm.. Inform the other team mates about our selection..." Sanyukta tried to shoo away the little bit of awkwardness still in the air and brought out some WORK!

"I guess.. Yes..." Randhir stood up from the cabinet and walked back to the small living room, leaving Sanyukta in the kitchen.

Sanyukta returned back only to see him busy on his phone with someone. She sat down on the other end of the couch and waited till he cut the call.

"Dhruv said that they have already decided their tasks.. He is in touch with the other team mates and he said that mental aptitude and treasure hunt are still not taken! We can have our chance on them!" Randhir finished and leaned his head over the couch, feeling tired.

"Hmm.. That's good. But we need to keep coordination amongst us.. Afterall, we are going there as a team and not seperate pairs.." Sanyukta gazed upon his frame, his eyes closed, looking so peaceful.

"No need.. We can just sum up our inputs a day or two before the finals... Until then, we shouldnt meddle into other's individual pair preparations.. We'll do it alone..." Randhir opened his eyes and turned towards her.

"But Randhir..." Sanyukta protested turning towards him.

"No ifs and buts Sanyukta.." He sounded stern. Like hell he'll allow that looser Aryan stagger around her!

"See.. You can't order me.. Okay? We're equal in this team! You can't just keep on bossing around here!" Sanyukta flared her cute button nose in anger. Randhir smirked at her state. Oh how cute she looked while making those pissed off expressions!

"I will.. Afterall there has to be someone mature enough to handle any issue during the competition amidst a bunch of dumbos.." Randhir passed a proud smirk towards her leaning more into the couch.

"What? Are you for real Randhir? Go and check last year's result sheet! You weren't the only one who topped!" Sanyukta sat upright on the couch, anger dripping down her countenance. The nerve of this boy! What does he think of himself?

"Are you for real Sanyukta? Go and check the maximum percentage in the result sheet!" He mimicked, moving more closer to her.

"That doesn't mean you'll be superior in eveything you red-faced monkey!" Sanyukta seethed.

Wait? Monkey? That clicked upon his mind. The audacity of this girl to call HIM monkey? Adding a 'red-faced' attribute. Gah! She's so dead.

"Yes.. I will show superiority! God knows who'll save our team from getting brutally defeated if I won't be there! You dumbos can only ruin stuffs!" He sat up on his knees on the couch and gritted his teeth, voicing those.

"I swear Randhir.. One more time you add me to that 'Dumbo' list of yours, you won't be able to return home as a whole! You pig-headed monkey" Sanyukta's eyes burned as she clutched the collar of his tee and pulled him closer to her face.

"And I swear Sanyukta.. One more time you use your 'animal-kingdom' nomenclature on me, you won't be able to breath in your own place!" Randhir caught her by her shoulders and pulled her even more closer.

"Really? Okay? That's what you are! Monkey! Monkey! Monkey!" Sanyukta fisted the front of his tee tightly and shook him while mocking him yet again.

"Sanyukta..." Randhir frowned dangerously at her while she did so.

"Red-Faced! Monkey! A baboon! That actually fits your appearance! Lalala! Baboon! A Red-faced baboon! Babbbbbboooooon!!" Sanyukta sang the last word still clutching onto him as their nose touched due to their movements.

Randhir closed his eyes once and shot it up the next second taking her down, along with him on the couch, flat back! He pushed her with such a force that she pulled him along with her and he felt above her.

"Randhirrrr...!" Sanyukta screamed as they fell down!

They were now lying on the couch, with him over her such that their limbs were almost pasted to each other. Randhir gawked at the girl beneath him who had her eyes close due to the fall. He envisioned the same closeness the day she was in his mansion with those loose clothes of him and practically nothing beneath! Fuck! How much turned on he was when he figured out that she wasnt having anything beneath HIS clothes! Only he knew how he had backed off from his seducing plan after knowing that, otherwise he would have surely done something regretful that night! It wasn't like he had never gone this closer to anyone before! Though he hadnt kissed anyone before! But this girl was something beyond the catch of his genius brain! She solely had the capacity to captivate his mind to this extent!

His eyes darted towards her parted plump kissable lips as she suddenly opened her eyes and marked him oogling at her lips.

There was an errie of silence in the room and only their ragged breaths reverberated all over. Sanyukta didn't mean to do that! Tell her she didnt? Like how on the earth? She just? Did she just close her eyes again moving her face towards him?! Randhir at first looked a bit startled as she opened her eyes but now as she closed her eyes again, he felt a strange rush of warm blood through his heart in a rapid speed! He moved his face closer to hers and she initiated her face to move towards him.

Both lost in an unknown heavenly charm, completely zoned out from the surroundings. Just as they were about to mingle their lips, a shrill sound jerked them out of their world! Randhir stood up from her with a jolt and kicked himself several times in mind for the thing that he was just going to do! Sanyukta opened her eyes in shock and sat upright on the couch, strightening her disheveled top, feeling hell awkward. Randhir looked here and there for his phone which has brought about the 'kiss-miss'. Sanyukta stood up and ran towards her bed room feeling crazily stupid at the act she just put on!