Chapter 16

As the day progressed, everyone had returned to the base, Miko woke up, and they talked about what had happened. Optimus was not happy when he heard about the incident. He advised that they be more careful, he feared the Desepticons were going to do something drastic. Eventually it was time for the kids to go home. Miko refused to go and Optimus agreed that she could stay, but only for that night. Raf raced Bumblebee to the car and the scout took him home.

Jack waited by the car as his mom spoke with Rachet. He glared at them as they spoke quietly. June laughed softly and the doctor smiled. The boy wasn't sure how he felt about them, but he knew he didn't agree. It was just...weird. Arcee walked over to the boy.

"Feeling a little jealous?" She smirked.

"What me? No...." He responded as he glowered.

"Come on Jack, I'll take you home." Arcee said. He just glared at her.

"Hey June." She called, the nurse looked at her.

"I'll take Jack and your car home, so you can finish up here." She said.

"Alright, thank you." June said and she tossed her the keys.

"Wait what? No." Jack hissed angrily as she caught the keys.

"Don't worry we can talk on the way home." Arcee smirked as she got into the car. Jack grumbled and got in.

~~

A few hours later, June and Rachet were sitting on the couch talking. The nurse looked at the clock and gasped.

"Oh no, it's 8 o'clock!" She jumped up and ran down the stairs. The doctor followed close behind.

"I need to get home and make dinner. Jack's going to be worried." She muttered as she walked to the cars.

"June." Rachet said she turned back to him. "I'll take you home, it's my fault you were gone for so long." He said quietly. She smiled and got into the car as Wheeljack walked into the room.

"Where ya going Doc?" He asked, the medic looked at him.

"I'll be back shortly." Rachet mumbled.

"Uh huh..." He smirked, Rachet growled and got in the car. Wheeljack smirked as he watched them drive away. He chuckled to himself and walked into the other room.

~~~

Rachet felt his heart beat faster as he parked in front of the Darby's home. They sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes. The doctor took a deep breath as he heart pounded in his ears. June looked over at him and smiled, she thought he looked cute when he was nervous.

"So about that date..." She said, he looked at her and smiled nervously.

"Well...I can understand if you don't want to....I mean...if you think it would be...uh...well I know...um... Maybe we...I mean I possibly... Uh... I may have...I might have-" June put a finger on his lips to stop him.

"You talk too much." She said smiling. He grabbed her hand and lowered it, but held on.

"June..." He whispered and rubbed her hand. "I'm not...I'm not sure what..." He sighed in frustration and remained quiet.

June smiled and with her free hand she touched his face. They gazed into each other's eyes for a moment, he leaned in and kissed her gently. Rachet felt his heart skip a beat, he felt like he was flying, after a moment she pulled away.

"Thanks for the ride home." She whispered softly. He smiled as she kissed him on the cheek. The doctor jumped out of the car and walked her to the door. She giggled, hugged him tightly and kissed him again.

"Good night." She whispered and went into the house. Rachet smiled to himself and walked back to the car. He sat there for a minute before driving off to the hardware store.

~~

Jack watched as his mom sat in the car with the medic. He glared at them as they lingered in the car. His stomach twisted into a knot as he watched them kiss. Jack walked to his room and waited for his mom to come in. He heard the door open and then close, he walked out and looked at her.

"You're home late." Jack grumbled.

"Oh honey I'm sorry, I lost track of time. I'll make you something to eat." She said cheerfully. Jack didn't want to ruin her mood, so he decided he would talk to her later.

"No....I already ate...I was just worried about you." He said softly. She smiled and wandered off to a different part of the house. Jack stood there for a moment, and wondered if he was just over reacting.

~~~

Rachet wandered the aisles of the small store looking for certain parts. He pulled out his device he was working on, and looked for another piece to fit. The doctor paused and stared at the device. He thought about what had happened with June, and he sighed heavily. Maybe being human wasn't so bad. He heard the door bell ding and the shop owner great someone. He figured he should get what he needed and leave.

The doctor went down another aisle and pulled out his contraption again. He sensed someone walk over and stop a few feet away. He looked over and saw a man with sunglasses staring at a hammer on a shelf. Rachet eyes narrowed. Why was someone wearing sunglasses at night? He casually waked to the other end, and looked back at the man. His eyes narrowed as he saw the Desepticon insignia on his shoulder.

Suddenly an arm wrapped around his chest and a cloth covered his mouth. Rachet breathed something in and his eyes widened, chloroform. He flung his head back and the man behind him yelled and let go. He turned around and realized the two men were very similar. The first man swung a hammer at the doctor's head, he ducked and kicked him in the stomach. The second man put the cloth over his mouth again.

Rachet backed into the wall and threw his head back again. The man let go and the doctor kicked as the first one came at him again. He clipped him in the gut again and the man went down. Rachet felt himself fading fast, he stumbled to the front of the store and fell to his knees. The doctor groaned as he stood up and managed to get the door open. He fell to the sidewalk and tried to get back up. A black van screeched to a halt in front of him and more drones jumped out. A pale man with spiky red hair and a black goatee walked over and crouched down to look at him.

"Ugh...." Rachet groaned as two of the goons lifted him up by his arms. His world started to blur and he couldn't focus.

"Evening Doctor." The man said as he smiled wickedly. The doctor tried to respond but his world went black.