Petyr Baelish x Reader { Parlay }

Being a girl from the North, you had grown acclimatised to it's conditions- and its people. Which is why it was blindingly obvious when there were strangers in town-

You would think that you would know all the local people in such a free place- but if you thought that you either had a bloody good memory or were too cocky for your own good.

Sure, maybe that was the case in the little villages here and there, even large towns- but you? You lived in Winterfell. No Stark yourself, but you swore yourself loyally to them, and you meant it.

But, back to recognition. How do you recognise those who aren't from Winterfell itself? Those on the outskirts and the villages in the north, they had this awestruck look in their eyes when they stepped in the gates, no matter how many times they'd been- it showed pride and showed wonder.

The people from too far North, heading towards The Wall, from The Wall... or from further than that- well, they acted like it was hot, they usually had far, far too much snow on their shoulders and they treated everything with caution.

And those from down South were frozen by the chilly climates and squinted against the blistering winds-
and their clothes were usually rich with colour and not suited to the conditions.

You knew most the people in Winterfell, which was a rare talent- but you were a rare person, you liked to watch people, closely or not, and were better at distinguishing the inner motives of a person by their actions than most, if not all of those who resided around you.

So, you weren't exactly trusted by many people. Any person might have thought that such talents would be praised, adored, respected-
Not in Winterfell. Things were different here- a long time ago, when Ned Stark was around, people might have cared a little less-

But Winterfell belonged to Bruce Bolton and his son, Ramsay 'The Cruel' as you had mentally nicknamed him. The Boltons were untrusted and people that could read others like their favourite book, people that were quiet and preferred watching- people like you- were not trusted.

It was nice to know Sansa Stark might be marrying Ramsay, maybe he'd grow softer with a true Stark by his side.

Probably not.

When you saw Lord Petyr Baelish, having never met him before- you were annoyed. Firstly, because though you knew he was not from Winterfell, he acted like he was and he seemed to fit in perfectly- he was certainly not out of place. Sure, his clothes were rich- but rich in a Winterfell way, too. A black robe, the only thing that caught your eye was the Mockingbird pin- the pin of house Arryn.

But so what? Stark Kids wore Lannister badges and had Stags for teddies. Many people now native to Winterfell came from all over, came from all kinds of houses.

You just knew he wasn't from around here, you weren't quite sure why- he just... Caught your eye. I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed him before, considering he looks so- You blushed at the thoughts that brandished them self in your head and realised he was looking at you as you were staring at him-

That didn't look too good, you imagined, so you decided to play one of your little tricks- this one you usually used if you waved at the wrong person, or if you were following someone-
You shuffled a few metres to the side in hope there was a guard or anyone behind him, as far off as he was-

But to no avail.

You noticed him smirk- he appeared to understand what you were doing, and was starting to descend a few wooden stairs from where he was far off- so you went for plan B- you didn't want to get into conversation with him so you vaulted the little platform you were standing on into the crowds of people below and began making your way for the main exit of this courtyard.