Joffrey Lannister x Reader { Part 2 } { Monsters Think Alike }

You had been dangerously brooding over the last few days, and several of the people around you had become fully aware of this, and were making sure not to get in your way. Though they were aware that you were clearly in a foul mood over something, they were not sure what exactly what- though you did.

You had not seen, or heard word from Joffrey for days on end, and not only did this worry you, it put you in a state of dark frustration as your plan appeared to knot and tangle before your eyes- this was all you had to get higher in this Game of politics and thrones, and if you couldn't marry Joffrey, then you were throne at the bottom of it.

It was mid-day, and you had decided to take a brooding walk through the gardens outside the palace. The sunlight had a soothing effect- which you easily brushed off by walking in the cooler shade.

As you looked about with a distant, wistful look in your eye, you noticed the many Tyrell nobles that swarmed these gardens- like flies. You accidentally caught eye contact with a lady, and you both smiled-

Though yours was hitched, and when you were facing away from her and walking between shrubbery, it vanished just as quick- all the Tyrells were to her was competition, because she knew that, like she, they all had eyes on the bigger prize.

You were beginning to lose hope that you could ever truly catch Joffrey's eye, but an event soon to come would prove you wrong.

Your feet pattered lightly upon the ground as you inevitably found yourself upon the rich streets of the higher parts of King's Landing; you would turn back soon enough, but getting as far away from the castle that made you think of him was all you could do for now to attempt to relieve your stress.

Suddenly, you heard a yell of outrage, and turned your head to see the person you had been avoiding reminders of with a hand, gashed with a mediocre cut- all the way up to just below the inner elbow. A gasp was heard through the street and silence fell, the only sound a stammering blade merchant, who was attempting not to laugh, and cry, at the same time as making up an excuse.

You knew it would be seen as barbaric for the king himself to kill the offender, but unfortunately, his guardsmen had gone off chasing an attempt pickpocket and he had continued, which meant that he had nobody to do the kill for him.

"Is nobody going to defend their-" as soon as he began his outraged spit, a long squelch was heard, accompanied by a groaned of weakening pain, and a short, second gasp from the crowd of lords and ladies that stood around...

You stepped away from the body, the knife you kept strapped to your leg held in your hand stiffly, before you replaced it and hung your head, "I meant no unladylike mannerisms, my Lord. But I hold the strong belief that the King comes before any life or way of living." You gravely spoke-

It was a partial lie, of course. You savoured the rare thrill of killing, animal or man. And when you looked up to see the smirk of recognition and respect upon the King's face, you knew that he could see this- and that he felt the same too.

His face melted into a composed expression, however, as they were in the eye of the public, and he cleared his throat, respectfully saying, "Of course, my lady. You are forgiven- after all, it appears you are the only noble with the courage to defend your king."

At this point, the king's guardsmen had returned- at the moment being The Hound and Merryn Trant. Merryn Trant glanced from the body to you with very little interest at all- he had seen worse. The Hound had, too- but the look he gave you made you feel icy- it could only be described as ominous.

You glared back, until your attention was caught by Joffrey speaking up again, "My lady, may we speak back at the palace?" He politely questioned, seeming quite innocent at this particular moment, as did you,