Chapter 5

5

The next day came faster. I went down to see everyone there already at the breakfast table, but I did not miss Amber's angry face and my mother's worried face. I went down with my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"What happened?" I asked and even before Aqua can open his mouth Amber answered.

"They are going out to meet the dogs." Amber answered as she huffs, her arms crossed obviously pissed.

"The dogs? You mean the wolves because we all know Amber calls the wolves as dogs" I asked a bit confused. Why would they need to go to the wolves?

"Yes, Lyon came back around 3 am this morning. He came back bloodied with one of his wings ripped out." I gasped as Aqua gives us information. My tears automatically rolled down my cheeks.

"D-did he make it?" I asked worried about our watcher. He might not be close to me but I know he is someone who I can trust if ever I need some help.

"Yes he did." I sighed knowing that he is safe however what those whatever they are did are just plain cruel since Lyon will never be able to grow his wings back. I looked over to Aqua as if asking what the heck is happening. He flinched as I was glaring at him.

"What about meeting the wolves?"

"Lyon said that the ones who ripped his wings are rogues as he has seen them quite a few times around the familiar territories around although they never go inside those territories, obviously scared of what is inside. He then proceeded to say that those rogues are looking for us and asking for fairy dusts. He did not say anything about our whereabouts and luckily once they ripped out his wing he was able to go invisible and then went to our territory." Aqua stated with a pained look in his face. Lyon has been a watcher for 12 years. And now someone else has to do that job as he is not capable of doing that any longer.

"And you have to talk to the wolves for that?" I asked furiously noticing everyone stopped eating breakfast. My hands clenching the utensils hard.

"Those rogues are their responsibility but in order for them to make sure those rogues don't take any more of our family we have to make an alliance with them." My father stated as he filled my plate with breakfast. He then stared at me obviously ordering me to eat.

"Are you going alone?" I asked my brother looking at him with worried eyes.

"No, I'm going with Ash and Blue, I know that you are worried but I will be fine, we will be fine." He answered before holding my hands reassuring me that everything will be fine. I know that there is nothing that I could do to stop it since knowing that someone ripped a wing means that this is really a serious matter. I sighed defeated before I continued eating my breakfast.

Tao POV

I inspected the bottle of dust that my father gave me. I looked at it and then tried to open it but it won't budge.

"What are you doing?" Faith came in wearing my shirt and some shorts holding some breakfast.

"Trying to open it, but it won't even budge" I tried opening it grunting in the middle of it as I remove the cap off but it's just not working. Should I ask D.O. to open it for me?

"Maybe it's not meant to be opened? Breakfast babe?" she said before sitting down on my table as I nodded and placed her on my lap. We then started to eat, her placing pancakes on my mouth after she eats some as I continued to inspect the bottle itself.