Chapter 02

Batman sat up and he looked a bit dumbstruck. There was a static sound coming from his Batsuit. He looked down at himself, trying to figure out where it was coming from.

"Bats, I installed this great communicator! Can I guess why you didn't hurt me? Is it because I'm a woman?" Catwoman's voice came through the communicator.

"That doesn't make you special. I don't kill villains," he answered bluntly.

"Aw, but Bats, what if I want to be a hero with you?"

Batman was smiling just for a brief second. Only a second. Batgirl rushed in, seeing Batman smiling.

"Batman! What happened? You never smile!"

"Errr..." Batman stumbled over his words.

"It's okay. Tell 'em," Catwoman answered through the communicator.

"Catwoman and I kissed," Batman said, slightly embarrassed.

Robin was the one who had a huge reaction. "Woah! You two kissed?"

"Bats, I know you enjoyed the kiss," Catwoman spoke softly.

"I-I didn't enjoy it," he stumbled. "I'm a hero. I don't have time for flings."

"Tell them what happened then," Catwoman whispered.

"I'm guessing you installed a communicator in their suits. So you can tell them," Batman answers sharply.

"No, just yours. Because of, well, you know."

"What? What am I supposed to know?" Batman nearly started to shout.

Catwoman manually operated the communicator so that only Batman could hear her. "Bats, I think..." she whispered.

"What do you think?" Batman answered angrily.

"I think I'm falling in love with you," she murmured quietly.

Batman turned to Robin and Batgirl. He told Batgirl to go home and told Robin to call Alfred. When Robin asked him where he is going, Batman replied "I'm going to the Batcave," and then whispered into the communicator, "You know where it is."

"I'm already here," Catwoman replied.

Batman climbed into the Batmobile swiftly and raced off back to the Batcave. After taking many twists and turns, he made a few near collisions and reached the Batcave with a few minor scrapes on the Batmobile. He took off the Batsuit, starting with the mask, and started to put everything away in the closet. Catwoman rushed past him, trying to stop him.

"What are you doing?" she panicked.

"I'm putting the Batsuit up. Forever," he grumbled.

"What? You've been through so much! You're just gonna throw all of that away?"

Bruce Wayne, grabbed Catwoman's arms, and stared into her eyes intensely. "Listen to me, okay? I love you, too. But I can't live two lives. A hero with a lover isn't a hero."

"What about me being a hero?" she asked.

"You can still be one," he answered. "Robin and Batgirl will be at your side. I hope."

"It's not the same!" Catwoman shouted. "I want you with me, too."

Bruce reached into the closet again and grabbed the mask. He placed it on his head carefully. "Fine, but you've seen my face. If you change sides, I'm sending you to BlackGate Prison."

"Okay, okay. Well, looks like we need to kick my gang out," Catwoman said bluntly.