Chapter 27: Don't Tell Him

- 25 Weeks Old -

I was attempting to feed the twins some baby food when Gabby ran down the stairs squealing. Braxton saw her and immediately got excited. She nearly tripped but aught herself and sprinted across the house so stop in front of me.

"He asked me! She squealed. Braxton was screaming too because he wanted her to hold him. She obeyed his command and proceeded to get mussy orange baby food on her hoodie, "Brax, he asked me!" She spun him around in the air while he laughed.

I smiled at her and shook my head, continuing on feeding Krystal, "Careful spinning him. He was just eating."

"He won't puke on me," She mumbled, lowering him down and placing a hard kiss on his cheek. He was still laughing as she used her sleeve to clean the rest of the food off his face, "Chaz asked me."

I didn't look up from Krystal but raised my eyebrows, "He asked you what?"

She scoffed like it was obvious, "To be his girlfriend."

I froze for a second, the spoon in Krystal's mouth. She didn't mind because it was like a pacifier, but I pulled it out and scooped out the stuff she had spat out. Immediately, I thought of Ashley. She was in Iceland, pregnant with his kid, and he was here screwing - dating his old fling.

"Isn't that exciting?" She hadn't even noticed my hesitation because of her excitement.

I nodded, though, I didn't think it was, "Did you say yes?"

"Duh," She leaned on the back of the couch, "Where's Justin? I need to ask him something."

I bit my lip, "He's at work." I gave Krystal another spoonful but she turned her head to the side. I sighed and placed the spoon on her highchair tray, closing the container.

"Again?" She groaned, "He never stops. We never hang out."

I wanted to snap at her so badly. She saw him more than I did.

"Like, why can't he just take a day off? It's not like his fans won't be there when he gets back."

I shook my head, "He's just getting back from a break. He was off for a while when I had Braxton and Krystal."

At the mention of his name she smoothed him on the cheek. I looked down at Krystal, who was entranced in the spoon I had given her, and although she didn't feel jealous of her brother it irritated me that Gabby favoured Braxton.

"Do you mind giving Krystal a bath?" I found myself saying and she frowned at me.

"Only Krystal?" 

I nodded, "I haven't finished feeding him yet."

"Ill feed him." She smiled and slid him into the seat, taking the spoon from Krystal and the jar from me. Krystal pouted at the sudden loss of her toy and I had to scoop her up to prevent her from screaming. All the while. Gabby had hardly noticed.

I rolled my eyes and headed into the bathroom to give my daughter a bath.

******

By the time Justin got home that night I was beyond exhausted from dealing with Gabby. She had been far too happy all day and her constant latch on Braxton was starting to get to be too much. She was acting like he was her son, and he wasn't.

Justin kissed my cheek and immediately knew something was wrong with me. He mouthed "You okay?" And I just shook my head. Gabby was on the floor with Braxton while I played on the couch with Krystal.

Justin knew to sweep in and take Braxton, to which Gabby whined a little before heading up to her room. He gave me another kiss and we put them to bed. Once they were tucked in we moved to the kitchen. Justin hadn't eaten, probably all day, and I hadn't eaten either. 

His hands rested on my hips and his chin on my shoulder as I prepared us grilled cheese, "Long day?" He asked, as if every one wasn't.

I nodded, "Exhausting day." Then I glanced up at him and pecked his lips, "Chaz asked her to be his girlfriend." 

I still had mixed feeling about that. Ashley deserved to be in her position; Chaz deserved to know about his future kid. I didn't know what to do about it all.

"That's good, right?" He kissed my cheek, "She'll be out of the house more."

I groaned, "Or he'll be in." The thought made me anxious.

Justin took a step away from me and slid onto the counter beside the stove, looking down at me, "What am I missing here?"

He was so onto me. I wasn't great at keeping secrets from him and he knew it. Ashley wouldn't want him to know because that would only mean one slip for Chaz, but I couldnt be the only one anymore.

"Ashley's pregnant." I whispered.

He frowned at me, obviously lost. I guess the guys didn't talk about their love lives to each other.

I took a deep breath and started from the beginning, "They hooked up. Chaz and Ashley. The twins were only 3 weeks old so I was too busy with them to notice it but she told me right after it happened that he didn't want her." I looked up at him to make sure he was still following. He nodded to confirm he was, "A few week after that she used one of my pregnancy tests. It was negative so I figured she was safe." I flipped the sandwich and sighed, "That why she moved to Iceland. She's pregnant with his kid, Justin."

"Thats why you're so worried about Gabby and him." He reached out for my hand and brought it up to his lips.

I shook my head, "I want to be happy for her. Really, but I can't ignore the fact that Ashley is having Chaz's baby."

I heard something shatter and my heart began to race. Then I felt something poke my foot and realized that the glass was on the kitchen floor. 

My gaze lifted to see Gabby. She was standing in the doorway to the kitchen with wide eyes and shaking her head, "Why dint you tell me?" She gasped, "You knew that and you didn't tell me?"

I stepped forward and felt the glass piercing the bottom of my foot. I winced and Justin reached for me, "You can't tell him!" I gasped as she began to back away, "Gabby, please don't tell him!"

But she was gone. I had broken glass in my feet and burnt food on the stove, but I might've just ruined Ashley's life and thats what hurt the most.