O n e

"Too short" she whispered hoarsely, the endless amount of screaming from last night had began to wear her voice down. "Too thick" she began, while raising her left eyebrow, staring at her reflection in disgust. "Too pale", she faltered, roaming her hands along her arms, frowning at the pasty complexion in which she had been punished with. "Too plain", she continued, trying to ignore the stubborn hot tears threatening to spill out of her eyes, violently tugging at her dull, boring black hair. "Too bony", she listed. "Too hairy, too skinny, too fat, too short, too scared, too tired!" She stated furiously, her voice reaching a new decibel at every new found flaw.

Her back bending and her knees beginning to weaken as she felt her spine painfully slide against the corner of the cold bathroom wall tiles, jamming her wrists into her eyes, as she frantically wiped away the hot salty tears.

She shook as she steadied herself and walked up to the mirror. She smiled. Good. It almost looked real. Taking her trusty bottle of concealer she almost felt relieved as she watched the blue- black circles underneath her dull grey eyes disappear. Carefully wiping her tears away and tugging  on her beige leather jacket, careful not to touch the fresh new cuts on her arms, she put on her black boots and grabbed her bag.

She glared at her reflection and forced a smile upon her pink coated lips. With one last glance, she walked out of her room, slamming the wooden door behind her.

Juniper Evans was so broken, but there was no way in hell she would allow anyone to see her broken.

| Author's Note|
Well that's the first chapter of  Something Along the Way, I hope you guys enjoyed it! I promise the other chapters will be longer, it's just thought that it'll be cool for you all to know the things that does through the main character's (Juniper's) head.

Thanks so much for giving my book a chance and I hope you all stick around for the next chapter. Pls do vote and comment on what you think about this chapter. I'm rather new at writing my own novels, so it'll be great to get some positive feedback. I'll talk to you guys soon.

Theaidea 💕

|Questions & Sneak Peaks|

If you guys have any questions concerning the story, want to see a few cheeky sneak peaks or even up for a little chat feel free to check out;

My Askfm is:  http://ask.fm/theaidea

Twitter: @theaidea

Don't worry if you're feeling shy as you may ask anonymous questions on ask fm :)