T w o

|author's note|

Hi guys, just letting you know that even though the previous chapter was from a third persons view, the following chapter will be from first person (in this case Juniper's view) until stated otherwise. Thanks guys x

I should of worn tights, I cursed as the chilly winters' wind began nipping at my horrible knobbly knees. Good job Juniper, it's only 7:45 in the morning and you have already failed at surviving the day. I proceeded to tug on my beige leather jacket hoping to sheild myself from the cold, as well as  the trials of today, but apparently this didn't work too well, as I forced myself to quickly fake a smile as my group of 'friends' made their way towards me. Or catwalk more like.

I liked my friends and all, they were alright, no questioning looks, or over- observant behaviour, no concerned questions. They were actually completely oblivious to the demons raging and raiding my head, which I guess, was one less problem to deal with. Nevertheless, I couldn't connect with any of them, I felt like the conversations I had with them were empty, sure maybe a couple gossip stories, a few 'how was your weekend?' a bit of frantic excitement about boys, but besides this, it was just mindless chatter, banter. An empty conversation, an empty friendship to be honest.

But, I guess, I had nothing to complain about, I'd rather spend my time worrying about maintaining my top GPA, getting a role in the school's drama and debate competition as well as winning the national singing competition instead of having a 'meaningful' friendship.

With this is mind, I turned my attention to the words of Roxanne Smith , our school's most prized and best athlete. I believe she was talking about last night's volleyball match, but I was too entranced by her strong figure and olive coloured skin; as I felt the familiar wrench at my heart that seemed to appear every time I looked at any of my friends. Ahh yes, this was the reason, the reason I hated all my friends. They were beautiful. Too beautiful to be hanging out with someone of the likes of me. I tried to look at Roxanne,to focus on the story that she was so enthusiastically telling, but her voice fell silent to my ears, as I analysed all my friends.

Adjacent to Roxanne was Laura, Laura Adams, if Roxanne wasn't your type of girl and you instead fancied a pretty flowering fairy in all those childhood fairy tales then, Laura would be the girl for you. The girl with her balls of feet lighter than air, the girl who could dance to any ridiculous song but look like a work of art. And lastly stood Jessica , Jessica Arnold, with her vibrant blue eyes and slightly rosy cheeks, she was the kindest of the lot. I didn't like her, she almost looked like she knew what was going on inside my head. I hated all of them, I detested all of them. I was repulsed, disgusted, nauseated but not at them, at myself, for thinking that I could ever be as alluring as them.

I could feel the palms of my hands start to sweat as I dug my finger nails into my skin. Maybe if I dug hard enough I would make a scar, maybe if I dug hard enough I would feel physical pain instead of emotional pain. Maybe if I dug hard enough I could run into the toilets and cry because of the blood that had seeped out of my skin, not because of the pain in my chest.

"Hey Juniper, are you alright?" Oh shoot, smile, now! I turned around to face the voice that had addressed me. I guess I spoke to soon, I guess some of my friends were kind of observant. "Yes Jessica?" Breathe, smile.
"Are you alright? You seem a little bit pale?" She questioned in a (to my dislike) concerned tone. I tried to control my laboured breathes. Pale? How could I look pale ? I made sure to coat endless layers of concealer this morning to hide everything, great, crud, what was I supposed to do???

"Ohh um I slept late last night, you know how Mr James is, all those English essays" I answered shakily while pretending to fumble with the zipper of my jacket. I heard the girls laugh and a few 'oh yeah, I know what you mean' 's.

"How you manage to pull an all nighter and still look as gorgeous as you do, is really something June", stated Roxanne, as I saw the girls nod their heads. Lies, that couldn't be true; they were being stupid, trying to sound nice, couldn't they understand that sugar-coating and white lies never solve anything? I tried my best not to ram my books into the metal lockers and instead quickly replied with a thank you and good bye before walking off to the class of my first subject.
I was trying my absolute best to accept the fact that I was ugly and fat, but they had to feed me with false hope. Good lot of friends they were.

*
I hate biology class. I hate the people in the class. I hate the sound of whispers about me behind my back. I hate how everyone stops talking when I open my mouth. I hate how everyone stares when I walk into the room. I hate how the teacher expects me to know the answer to every question. I hate how the subject talks about living beings. I hate how the teacher talks about having  a 'healthy diet'. I hate how all the people in the presentation slides are all flawless and alive. I hate how I am the best at biology in my whole school- but I have never felt flawless or alive.

The shrill of the school bell rang throughout the corridors, signalling the end of the lesson. I felt myself exhale, a sigh of relief and I began to pack my bag, getting ready to move to the next class, until I checked my watch.

I stared, the large digital numbers mocked me, I could feel them laughing in my face, as I felt my stomach sink. 13:00. The worst part of school, the part that made me feel sick to the bone, sick to the core.

Lunch

|Author's Note|

--> Grace Hartzel as Juniper :)

That's the second chapter, I wonder what's going to happen next ? 😏 what do you guys think will happen next ? Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed it, once again thanks so much deciding to read my book and I hope you all continue to read the following chapters as the true story has yet to even begin!

Please do leave a comment or vote :) and follow to if you want. Thanks again !

~theaidea