Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The light shining through the gap in the curtains made the room sparkle with sunshine. The curtains were obscure... Then I realised: they’re not my curtains. The room was painted a tasteful cream colour. There were two questions my mind was screaming: “whose house was I in?” and “how did I get there?”

Suddenly the door creaked open and in the doorway stood a girl – that looked a couple years younger than me – who had dark hair like Ace but it had red highlights throughout it. She had a centre parting and iron-flat straight hair. She had hazel sparkling eyes - that were coated in thick black eyeliner - which smiled when she noticed I was awake. She spoke in a soft, warm voice, ‘hi, I’m Electra.’

‘O-K, I’m going to need a little bit more than that. Where am I?’ I asked as I sat up – very- slowly.

‘You’re at my house. Ace carried you in last night saying that he’d explain it when you woke up and how you desperately needed rest but you couldn’t go home.’ Electra shrugged and then added, ‘oh, right! I’m Ace’s sister. We can lend you stuff for a shower and you can borrow my clothes if you want.’

I assumed that was my cue to get up, dressed and downstairs to explain myself. Oh and to find Ace. I took the clothes and wash stuff from Electra; got in the shower, got dried and dressed, bagged up my clothes with the carrier bag that Electra had got me and followed Electra downstairs.

‘Mum, Ryvre’s up.’ Electra sat down comfortably in one of the kitchen chairs. ‘Come sit here, Ryvre.’ I was just looking at them blankly from the doorway feeling a little unwelcomed.

‘Honey, you are welcome here.’ The little brunette curly haired woman turned around to face me. She had the same eyes as Electra. ‘Sit down and have a nice cup of tea.’ I followed the order and began to wonder where Ace went. ‘Ace went to get your boots and return those stupid shoes to your friend.’

‘Yeah,’ I laughed nervously, ‘I tried to tell her but...’

‘You’re a nice person.’ Electra said biting into some toast. I stared at her like she was crazy. ‘Come on, who else would do something they didn’t want to do but they did it for their friend?’

Before I could think of an answer, a boy that looked a year younger than Ace walked in, ‘hey mum,’ he slid into a chair opposite Electra and looked at me, ‘dude, you need to relax. Your air is way too intense.’

‘I’m not a dude.’ I said flatly but inside I was smiling – it was like when I first met Ace. I guessed that he was the brother that Ace had spoken about – the one that can control earth and sense your emotion from the air around you.

‘Yes I am. I’m Taran and your Ryvre.’ The boy smirked.

‘You don’t need to tell Ryvre her own name, stupid.’ Electra interjected. ‘Taran just because every angel can read minds it doesn’t mean that they like it.’

‘Hey she can block it if she wants to.’ Taran shrugged with a slight smile on his face.

I had no idea what they were talking about: “block”. What is that? I’ve never heard that been mentioned before. Taran looked like he was about to say something but just then Ace walked through the front door.

‘Hey, I’m back.’ Ace walked into the kitchen holding my boots. ‘Oh, you’re up! You should be resting.’ Ace handed me my boots and sat down in the chair next to me. ‘Have these two been annoying you?’

‘No,’ my voice sounded a little high, ‘Electra’s been a big help.’ I attempted a smile.

‘You’re such a good liar,’ Taran chuckled, ‘you’re so uncomfortable right now... you need to chill dude.’ He was trying to wind me up.