Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Of all the places they could have chosen to hold this melee, they chose the warehouse right next door to their main building - I don’t know about you but I’d say that’s the perfect location to expose their weakness. Behind the warehouse was a lake which led to a small forest and out on to a road. I tried to plan out an escape route but it was going to be a tough one based on impulses and instincts.

Ryvre, where are you? Ace was able to make a connection. We’re getting into position.

What does that mean? I questioned. Hey, I told you not to come! I’m in the warehouse but it’s a trap.

Of course it’s a trap. Any bonehead could figure that one out. Ace laughed. You’ve got the entire family here – literally. Guess what?

What?

I’m going to show you how sorry I am when we get you out of it. Ace insisted.

I’d soften if you listened to me for once. I pointed out. I don’t want you going in here for me – it’s not safe.

Do you care for my safety? Ace teased.

I used his words, I always care when you’re involved. Ace... I never got to finish that sentence as Lyle strolled in, followed by Bill and Hank who were pushing someone to join us.

‘Just to make things a little more complicated, the boss asked if your friend could join you.’ Lyle’s smile was irritatingly smug. ‘I believe her name is Georgia?’

They pushed the person into the deprived sunlight. It was Georgia. Tears and smudged makeup had scarred her flawless face. Her clothes were rumpled as if she had gotten into a fight.

‘You are breaking one of the strictest rules for both dynasties.’ I hissed at Lyle.

‘Ryvre, what’s going on?’ Georgia shuffled over to me. ‘I’m scared. Why do they want us?’

‘It’ll be okay, Georgia, they won’t do anything to you.’ I insisted to her and a little to myself.

Lyle, who was leaning against a metal beam, suddenly straightened. ‘They’re here.’

Ace, Taran and Hugh stepped into the warehouse, followed by Arella and Sonny. They all looked mad and Sonny’s anger must have been the reason it started to rain heavily out of the blue.

‘Ryvre, are you hurt?’ Ace primarily asked. ‘If they’ve hurt you... I swear to God... I’ll- I’ll-’

‘You’ll do what, exactly?’ Lyle asked curiously with a raised eyebrow.

‘I’m okay, Ace,’ except from being pushed and pulled; not to mention the fall down the stairs, ‘please just get Georgia out safely. I can handle this by myself.’

‘Yeah, it really looks like it.’ Taran interjected, sarcastically. ‘Look, Ryvre, we all need help sometimes, it’s okay to accept it, even if you didn’t ask for it.’

‘How touching,’ Lyle chuckled, ‘Ryvre, your mummy and daddy are on their way here.’

‘I’m not five... and my mum and dad are already here.’ I flicked my gaze towards Arella and Sonny.

‘Oh, we know how you fit into their family, don’t you worry.’ Lyle whispered to me.

‘Good, then they will not stand for these games.’ Sonny said stiffly.

‘You don’t understand,’ I cried, ‘they are in the game just like all of us are.’

‘Of course they-’ Sonny began to say.