~Planting the seeds~

Chris spent all night going over her "Amazing Plan", her words exactly. She stayed the night in my room making herself quite comfortable, going through my drawers and settling for one of my favorite shirts to sleep in. I was fine with it mostly because I was use to her behavior. We had been friends since freshman year. We had one awkward hookup at a welcome party before we decided it would never work. She's been my best friend ever since, and I was more than grateful for her coming to me in my time of need. Sure she was a bit blunt and shameless but it's what made us get along so great. I was a bit more reserved and it took me awhile to get comfortable with people. She knew this all to well which is probably why she came to my rescue after my...dramatic phone call. 
She knew how long I had been pinning over Abby. How long I've wanted her. I talked about her all the time back at school, any chance I got. She tried to set me up with girls a few times but none of them never lasted. Something was always missing...and that something was, that they weren't her. My Abby.

I came from my thoughts when Chris walked out of the hallway bathroom, wrapped in a towel and rubbing another through her wet hair. "Your shower head is amazing. It felt like I was being massaged all over. God! That was orgasmic." she sighed dreamily.

"Chris, you think everything is orgasmic."

"I do not!" She denied, flopping back onto my bed "I just happen to enjoy the little things that life has to offer."

"And these things are 'orgasmic'?"

She rolled onto her stomach and looked up at me through her lashes while biting her lip "Very."

I shook my head at her antics causing her to pout "You're no fun. What happened to the Jamie I once knew who wasn't scared to do anything?"

"He got tired of denying himself the one true thing that would make him happy."

"Well, can't you be both men I love?" She sighed dramatically.

I raised a brow at her "Speaking of men that you love, where's Daniel?" At my question the smile slipped from her face and she looked down at the duvet, shielding her eyes from me. My brows furrowed at her reaction. "Chris?" I approached her cautiously knowing she was a loose cannon when it came to dealing with her emotions.

"I don't want to talk about Daniel." she muttered.

"What happened?"

"He's a giant dick! And not the good kind." She cried out.

Sighing I pulled her into my arms and laid back against my headboard. She sniffed quietly into my shirt while I rubbed her back, knowing this was the only way to calm her down. I didn't speak knowing that she would talk when she was ready. We laid in silence for a while before her sniffling stopped and she exhaled shakily.
"He told me he loved me." She admitted.

"Is that such a bad thing?" I asked. She sat up quickly and looked at me as if I'd grown another head.

"Of course it is! He ruined everything. We were fine, there weren't any labels. I knew he was mine and I was his. We were happy. And then he just came and dropped a bomb on everything!"

"Chris..."

"No! I was happy. Why did he have to change everything?"

"Why does anything have to change? He cares about you, you care about him, don't you?"

She rolled her eyes in annoyance "Of course I do. I wouldn't waste my damn time with him if I didn't."

"Then what's the problem?"

She bit her lip and looked away. "The problem is we had a deal...and he didn't hold up his end."

"Chris."

"Don't. Don't say my name like that. You know I can't...I don't...I just can't. End of discussion."

I bit my tongue to keep from saying what I really wanted to.  Instead I nodded and smiled "Okay."

She returned my smile "Okay." Suddenly she leaned over me and hugged me. I was a bit surprised by the gesture but hugged  her back nonetheless. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of blonde before it was gone. I pulled away and stared at the spot wondering if I imagined it before looking at Chris who was grinning and looking at her nails.

"What..."

"Step 1, make her jealous."

_________________________________

I cleared my throat as I entered the kitchen but got no response from the small figure sitting at the counter. I shrugged away the feeling and made my way to the fridge, taking out some food for breakfast.
"Good morning." I said after a few more moments of silence.

"Morning." She said after a few moments.

I watched her play with what looked like oatmeal before asking "Would you like some breakfast?"

"I'm fine. Thanks."

"Well I for one am STARVED!" Chris said as she sauntered into the kitchen wearing my t-shirt from last night. My eyes widened slightly and I glanced at Abby and sure enough she noticed as well. Her hand tightened around her spoon as she stared into her oatmeal.

I cleared my throat trying to break down the tension in the air "Is eggs alright?" I asked Chris.

"You know I love your cooking Jamie." She said from her spot perched on the counter.

I tried to smile but it came out as a grimace. Turning back to my eggs, I scrambled them and threw in peppers and shredded cheese, trying to busy myself. That is until I heard Chris speak again.

"Hey."

Damn it Chris. My stomach clenched with anxiety. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

"Hi..."

"What's your name?" Seriously Chris? That's how she's going to play this?

"I-I'm Abby."

"Aw such a cute name. It fits you." Could she be any more condescending?

"...thank you."

"Sure. So are you a relative of Jamie's? Cousin maybe?"

There was a pause before she spoke again, her tone unreadable "His step sister."

"Oh right! I think Jamie told me he had a kid sister once. Or did he? Gosh I can't remember haha."

Another pause. "Who are you exactly?" She asked.

"Who me? Haha! I'm Chris. Jamie and I go wayyyy back."

"Right. I've never heard of you either."

"Jamie!" I cringed at the pitch Chris's voice took "You don't talk about me?"

I divided the eggs into two plates and passed one to Chris. "Slipped my mind."

"A lot of things seem to slip your mind." Abby said. I glanced at her and saw that she was already looking at me, a harsh gleam in her eye. I gulped and passed her the second plate.

"Eat."

"I'm not hungry."

"You haven't eaten." I gestured to her cold oatmeal.

"Neither have you." So she was watching me too.

"Just eat the damn eggs."

"No." She pushed herself away from the table and gave one last look to Chris and I. "I've lost my appetite."

I watched as she rushed up the stairs and sighed. "Chris...I think you made it worse."

"Yeah...this ones a tough cookie. Don't worry I've got another idea." She said around a forkful of eggs.

"Oh great."