~The morning after~

A Soft feather like caress stirred me awake. I opened my eyes and was met with the striking blue eyes that I fell for. My angel was watching me with a smile on her lips as she caressed the skin of my back, arms, cheeks, anything she could reach.

I didn't move. I didn't want to disturb her exploration of my body. I relished in the feel of her skin pressed against mine.

I took the time to look her over as well. Her smiling eyes and calm demeanor told me that she, for the moment, didn't regret her time with me.

"Good morning." Her angelic voice broke the spell.

"Good morning, Angel." I replied enjoying the way her cheeks blushed. "How did you sleep?"

She shifted, pulling the sheet tighter around her body. "Good..."

My eyebrows furrowed as I rose up on my elbows "What is it?"

She bit her lip as she averted her eyes. "Nothing...I'm just a little...sore."

Shit. I had almost forgotten that detail. I pushed back the covers smiling when she looked at my naked form and tried to cover her flushed face. "Wait here." I rushed across the hall and started to run a bath. I filled the tub with hot water and added a handful of Epsom salt. That was sure to loosen her aching muscles.
I walked back to my room and found her exactly where I had left her with the exception of her sporting one of my shirts. I paused for a second. As she sat before me, in such a raw state I couldn't help but smile. Never could I have imagined that I would get to share a night and wake up to such a beautiful woman. She was...mesmerizing. She was mine.
I scooped her into my arms laughing as she shrieked in delight as I walked us into the bathroom. "James!"
"I've got you," I placed her on her feet enjoying the way she shifted nervously and pulled at the hem of my shirt. The steam in the bathroom added a layer of intimacy that I appreciated. I stepped closer to her and brushed my knuckles against her soft skin loving the way she shivered against my touch. "How about we take this off," I slowly inched the edge of my shirt up her thighs. I swallowed the dryness in my throat as her bare skin was once more revealed to me. My eyes travelled down the length of her body and I felt myself grow at the irresistible look on her face. How could someone look so innocent and sexy at the same time?
"James," she laughed and covered her eyes. I looked down at myself and grinned sheepishly. "Put that away."
"I can't help what you do to me."
I kissed her cheek and helped her into the tub. She winced slightly before closing her eyes in satisfaction. I smiled at the peaceful look on her face. There was so much I wanted to ask her and talk about but I couldn't bring myself to  disturb her. Not now.

She opened her eyes and grinned mischievously "Aren't you going to join me?"

I didn't respond. She inched forward making room for me, all the while looking at me with a smile that said she was up to no good. I sank in behind her feeling my own muscles relax and pulled her against my chest. It was calming, having her so close in such a vulnerable way. My arms circled around her tighter keeping her firmly pressed against me. Her fingers strummed my arm and thigh. There was no ulterior motive. Just the unconscious need to touch one another. Neither of us spoke. I was afraid of breaking the bubble, our bubble, of complete unawareness to anything but ourselves. I wanted to stop time in this moment, where neither of us were worried about tomorrow, or our parents disapproval. I wondered if I would be enough for her. If it came down to it would she leave it all behind...for me.

"James?" Her soothing voice brought me from my deep thoughts. "Are you alright?"

I smiled at her concern. " I should be asking you that."

Her fingers stopped their movement. "I'm okay. Where did you go? You disappeared into your head again."

"Again?" I asked.

She shifted to look at me "You did it last night, after we..."

I bit back a smile "After we what?"

"James." She sighed my name and looked away. I pulled her back against me and leaned into her ear. My hand slid down her thigh and came to rest on her mound. I watched her close her eyes as my breath tickled her neck "After we what, Angel?" My fingers had a mind of their own as they began to rub her gently.

"After we," I felt her shiver against me and her chest heave with each rapid breath she took "we..." her breath caught as I pushed a single finger inside of her. She gripped me tightly and her hips rose with the sudden action. My other hand found its way to her soft breast and circled her swollen nipple.

"Hm?" I urged her on as she pushed against me, desperate for a release.

"Sex! We had sex!" she cried out before moaning in pleasure. I wrapped my arms around her as she fell against me, spent. I pushed her hair away from her face and placed kisses along the line of her jaw. I playfully bit her ear before whispering "I made love to you last night. You're the first and last woman I will ever do that to."

She turned in my arms and searched my eyes. Suddenly she smiled and pressed her lips against mine. Just a brush of her lips, a teasing kiss but one filled with trust. She rubbed my cheek and rested her head against my chest completely at ease. "James,"

"Yes?"

"I-"

"Leave me the hell alone!" A loud shout resounded throughout the house followed by the slamming of the front door. We both jumped. I recognized that angry voice from anywhere.

"Stay here." I grabbed a towel and ran out of the bathroom slipping on the wooden floorboards as I went.

"Stop running from me Chris."

"Then stop chasing me." I paused at the  second voice and frowned. Who the hell was that? I descended the stairs gripping my towel and turned the corner. Chris was being held by a large dark haired man, her hair was a mess and she looked as though she had been crying. Chris never cried.

"What the hell is going on?" I demanded. "Who are you?"

They both turned towards me surprised at my presence. Chris looked momentarily relieved but the man holding her turned livid. "Who am I? I'm her boyfriend. Who the hell are you?"

"Ex!" Chris said but her comment was overlooked by the giant.

He grimaced as he took in my appearance or lack of, and detached himself from Chris. "You the punk she's been crashing with?"

"No, Danny no!" Chris who was once trying to push him away grabbed his massive arm. Her attempts were futile.

"You been trying to fuck my girl?!" The veins in his neck protruded as he marched towards me. Before I could comprehend what was happening he was in front of me. The last thing I saw was his fist flying towards my face.