~Wake up call~

"Jamey! Jamey wake up." I could hear voices all around me as I came to but my eyes hadn't opened yet.

"Yelling isn't going to help. Your giant boyfriend knocked him out cold." I immediately recognized Abby's voice and would've smiled at the scolding tone of her voice if the pain in my face wasn't causing an irritating throbbing sensation.

"Ex, and it was a complete misunderstanding."

I slowly opened my eyes, the numbing ache in my face began to register as well as the three hovering bodies. "Ow." I mumbled.

"Jamey!" Chris threw herself at me, wrapping her arms around my neck in a death grip. "I'm so sorry Jamey. Danny didn't mean it."

"Yes I did." The beast with fists of steel voiced from his position beside Chris in an unapologetic tone. I shrugged off his comment, too hazed to start a fight.

"Shut up and apologize." Chris demanded releasing me from her strong embrace to scowl at the giant.

"Are you okay?" I sat up slowly with the help of Abby and grimaced at the splitting headache that was beginning to form.

"I'm fine, Angel." As my blurry vision cleared I noticed that she was in a large bathrobe, her hair still wet from our earlier activities. "How long was I out?" I asked aloud.

"About five minutes," her brow furrowed as she touched the developing bruise on my face. I flinched. That asshole got me good. "Another minute and I was ready to call an ambulance." Abby said.

"You worry too much. I'm fine." I reassured her with a kiss on the cheek.

She smiled and tucked her wet hair behind her ear, a nervous tick she had that I adored.

"See? The kid's fine. I didn't hit him that hard."

"I disagree." I groaned as I rose to my feet. I staggered slightly and finally took in my assailant. He was even larger close up. I had never met Daniel before but I heard enough about him from Chris to know that his size and personality were complete opposites, apparently he was a real softy, I'm guessing that was only when it came to Chris. I took in the sheer size of his shoulders and the bit of tattoo that was visible from beneath his collar. Where did she find this guy?

"Jamey, Danny's really sorry, aren't you Danny?" I smiled as she elbowed the large man in his ribs, making him wince. They were truly a sight to see, she was dwarfed in his presence and yet together, it was hard to take your eyes off of them.

Daniel looked at Chris before sighing. "It was wrong of me to jump to conclusions, for that I apologize."

"It's fine. Really." I was just glad he decided to burst in at a time when Chris and I weren't putting her "brilliant plan" in action. I think he would have killed me. "I can assure you Chris and I are just friends."

"Here." I accepted the bag of frozen peas from Abby with a wink and placed it against my aching cheek.

"Thank you."

"Honestly Danny." Chris rolled her eyes.

"What was I supposed to think? You up and left out of nowhere. No warning whatsoever. And I find out you're shaking it up with some kid."

"I'm 21." I mumbled but it fell deaf to ears as they continued to argue with one another.

"We weren't shaking it up. I came because my best friend needed me. You need to get over yourself."

"Get over myself? You-"

"Danny please...not now." She sighed.

"Then when Chris? When?!"