Prologue

So guys! I decided to make a new book. It's basically the idea of the Hunger Games but changed a little by me. I hope you'll like the idea! It's gonna be a Germangie story and a Leonetta story but the cute moments are gonna be a bit further up.

/---------------------------------------------------------------\

ANGIE'S POV:

I woke up by the sound of trucks marching into the Greys. That's what they call our part of Bandian. Bandian is the village I live in. The Greys, is what they call the part where all the poor people of our village live. They named us like that because we always have dust on our clothes and we can never wash ourselves so we basically always wear grey clothes. Do you know who I mean with 'They'? With that I mean the Centrial. The big Capital of Treant. They want our villages to obbey them and they pratically succeeded. The Centrial has one leader, who causes all the damage and hate to the Centrial from the villages. President Alter. A woman who knows no compassion for others. She is cruel and vindictive and does everything she can to keep the power over Treant to herself.

I stood up out of my bed (you can't really call it a bed, it's more a matrass on the floor) and I went to see where my mother was.

-'Mom? Are you there?' I asked.

There she stood, in the kitchen, making a breakfast with the last bread and jam we had left.

-'Don't worry mom, I'll go to the woods today to collect some food.' I said as I walked towards her.

-'No sweetie, you need to get ready for the Picking.' She said.

I sighed. Indeed, today is the Picking, where they pick two females and two males to join a reality show competition which sometimes can give you true happiness but mostly breakes you and sometimes even kills you.

My mom and I are terrified of the Picking. Because of it, we are the only two left of our family...

What they do in the competition is, they basically do everything to keep the whole country interested. They go from love scenes, to argues, to fights, to accidents. They organisize it all. Sometimes, they even cause accidents to kill a Picked.

My sister was a victim of an accident like that. She was picked 14 years ago, when I was 8. I didn't understand the show back then but what I did knew is that it took away my dad. Maria fell in love with her fellow Picked and when she came home to die where she was born, he didn't come with her. He left her to die on her own. I hate him for that. They even had a daughter... Where she is? I don't know... Probably dead too, because my sister's lover didn't even want to care for her. I often see him at the shops, or atleast the ones I can afford. I mostly ignore him.

We already hated the show when my sister was in it, because it killed my dad. My dad got into a fight with one of the creators and they had to kill him because otherwise he would destroy their game. I always thought he was a brave man. It calmed me. He stood up for equality, he stood up for justice. And if I ever get picked, I'll do the same.

I'm 22 now, the Pickings go till the 30 but I'm hoping the show will stop before I turn 30. Not like it's gonna happen if it continues like it is now.

-'I know the Picking is today, but I'm sure I have enough time to hunt a little. Is that okay?'I asked.

My mum hesitated a bit but soon she gave in.

-'Okay, but be back before 2!' She said.

-'I will mum! Thank you! See you later!' I said as I kissed her on her cheek and left.

I love hunting, it's my hobby. I do it everyday. But sometimes, when I feel sad, I sing. I sing, and I feel that singing is more than just a hobby...

VIOLETTA'S POV:

I live a great life. I have a boyfriend, Diego. I live in the rich part of Bandian. I live with Diego and his parents.

My mom passed away when I was very young. My dad... I don't know where he is. No one knows a thing about my family. They always say I came here by accident and some people just raised me as their own child. I don't know...

Today I woke up with the sun shining through my bedroom window.

Today is the day of the Picking.

Normally, I don't feel scared about it. It's just something the Centrial created to keep peace in the country. But a few days ago, I went to the market where all the people of Bandian go to, even the people from the Greys. I was buying my groceries when I heard two woman from the Greys talking.

They said they were terrified their children would be Picked and send to the Centrial for the show. First I didn't understand what was so bad about it, 'till they said that last year their neighbour's daughter got killed in the show. I never knew they would take it this far...

I put on my shirt and skirt and put my hair in a sideways ponytail.

I took a deep breath and that's when the TV switched on.

It said: 'CRUCIAL TO WATCH'

So, I didn't turn it off, because if you did that you could get arrested, which is totally crazy but yeh... It's a reason to listen.

-'Newsflits about the Picking of this year.' The presenter said with his Centrial-accent.

-'This year, people who've already been Picked and survived are also in the position to be Picked again. Ofcourse it's not for sure that the winners and survivors will be Picked, but even the oldest winner or survivor is in the Picking again.'

Then the TV turned black.

I sat there, not knowing what to do.

They promised winners and survivors a safe, with no Pickings ever again...

I guess I'm beginning to see the cruelty of the Centrial...

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

What do you think so far?

Leave a comment if you like it and want me to continue.

Xx Zoë