Chapter 4 - The Same Room

ANGIE'S POV:

I'm laying in my bed thinking why my life is so hard. An hour ago I had flipped out completely. I didn't want to tell anyone why so they were confused a bit but it's my problem, not theirs. It took them 30 minutes to calm me down completely which included making me stop crying, getting me to stop shaking, and getting me to stop shouting. Why I flipped? Because we are staying in exactly the same room as my sister stayed in when she joined the show. I am lying in the same bed right now, we go to the same bathroom and eat at the same table. It makes me crazy.

It's a big department on the top floor. Very antique, completely my style, but I can't get anything good out of it.

I keep remembering the things German said to me when I was flipping and the rest was panicking to keep me breating.

"You're gonna be alright Angeles.." 

"Trust me." 

"Nothing's gonna happen to you in this Show.." 

"I will make sure of that nothing happens to you.." 

I assume he just thinks I'm scared of the Show, which I am, but not like that.  He probably said those things to Maria too and now he's just trying to get someone who trusts him again so he can leave her to die.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Vilu, can I come in? " She asked.

"Yeh.." I said.

She came in and sat down next to me on the bed.

"Angie, can I ask why you freaked out back there?" She asked.

I sighed. She already knows about German, and my sister, so why wouldn't I tell her this?

"Vilu... This is the exact room my sister used to stay in..." I said sadly.

She gasped.

"Really?" She asked.. - "How do you know?" She asked.

"Because in the village, the Show is always on air, on the TV, it's the only channel you can watch at that time and I saw her arrive and... Wait a minute..." I said realizing something. I looked around the room and saw something that confirmed my discovery.

"Vilu, we can't talk about things like this in here anymore..." I said pointing at the direction.

"What? Why not? What is it?" She asked.

I whispered into her ear:

"It's a camera, Vilu. They say the Show is going to start tomorrow, but it already started when we put our first foot into the hall..." 

VIOLETTA'S POV:

What Angie told me, made me wonder if the Show was actually good? I always thought it was a great opportunity, but now...

It also made me much more alert. When I wen't to my room, I looked around for any cameras. And indeed I found one in the corner of my room. 

I went to the en-suite and didn't find any there thou. Guess they're not interested in out 'Private things'. 

Angie is right. The Show has already started. Officialy the quests start tomorrow, but they're already keeping an eye on us. 

That morning, Rosie gave us all a silver, thick bracelet with our group symbol on it. It was a 5 pointed star with a heart inside of it.  We we had put it on, we couldn't get it of. They wanted us to wear that all the time. I don't know why, probably tradition or something. 

When we went to the hall for breakfast, the president stood up.

"Welcome everyone. Today the Show is officialy starting!" She beamed.

Some people clapped, but others just flinched or said nothing. 

"I am going to explain the first quest to you. You have to do it together with your group, otherwise your whole group will pay an unspeakable price. The goal of this quest is for us, if we can see that you are able to lead, share and do anything to reach your goal. We are going to drop you somewhere in our ShowArena. Your goal as group is to get back to the center, or let's say, where we are now. You're group will be split in two. Man and woman, girl and boy. But first of all, you got to try and find the other half of your group, or you will not succeed." The president said.

I looked at Angie, since she needs to travel the first part only with German. I feel bad for her.

Angie looked scared, sad and angry at the same time. I took her hand to resure her that everything is gonna be fine.

"The other three tests are easier, but not less inportant. It's a sociality test, a secret test, and a conversation with us which can effect most of your final result. Every test 2 groups get eliminated. But in the first test, there is no limit on the eliminated..." 

I flinched. Are you supposed to kill others to succeed?

/

/

Hope you liked this. Comment for next chapter <3

-Zoë