009

PERRIE WAS soaked despite having Fred's raincoat on, but she didn't care. She ran quickly onto the Quidditch pitch, slipping during the process.

"Harry!" She heard Ron and Hermione yell from behind her.

She was the first to get to the boy who lived, who was unconscious with obvious injuries. Madam Hooch and other professors ran to Harry, pushing Perrie out the way. She didn't mind because she wasn't very close to Harry, despite being worried for his safety.

"Perrie, hey, get up." Fred said, pulling on Perrie's arm. She stood up cautiously in order not to fall again.

"Cedric Diggory caught the snitch!" Lee Jordan suddenly yelled, making everyone turn. Cedric was grinning until his eyes landed on Harry.

Almost instantly, Cedric was off his broom and offering a rematch to Oliver. When his offer was declined, he frowned and picked his broom up, walking away sadly.

Fred let go of Perrie and the brunette ran, or slid, towards Cedric, ready to comfort him.

"This isn't right, ugh!" Cedric groaned, pacing back in forth in the empty corridor.

Perrie, whom summoned a towel to dry off, watched him. "Ced, you didn't know! It's completely okay. You caught it fair and square."

The pale boy groaned again, kicking the wall. "It isn't right though! The kid fell off his broomstick! He, he could've — he could've died!"

"It wasn't your fault he fell. It was the dementors. And you know what? Dementors can suck my left—"

"I swear to Merlin, if you finish that phrase I'm going to throw you off the astronomy tower."

Perrie and Cedric stared at each other for a solid minute.

"Nut." Perrie finished her sentence and Cedric groaned. "You won! And you won fairly! Stop beating yourself up about it!"

"Fine. But you're disgusting, stop saying that. It's nasty."

Perrie rolled her eyes. "Fine."

+

A week later, the group was planning another Hogsmeade trip. Fred and George waited outside for Perrie, who had to run all the way back up to the Gryffindor Tower to grab a fuzzier jacket.

Fred thought about offering his so they could just go to the village, but it was too damn cold to be romantic.

"She takes ages!" Fred groaned, rolling snow into a ball.

George rolled his eyes, "It's not like we're allowed to apparate. You know how many bloody steps that is to climb, not to mention the moving staircases and the Fat Lady. She's been gone five minutes, stop being so damn impatient."

Fred stared at his other half in a mixture of confusion and shock. "What?"

"Moody, you woke me up late and I missed breakfast."

"No, you woke up late on your own! It's your fault you missed breakfast, don't blame it on me!" He scolded, watching George roll some more snow into a ball and placed it on top of the other ball that Fred had made.

George scoffed. "Yeah, I guess I keep missing breakfast like you keep missing chances to snog Perrie."

Fred gasped, holding a smaller ball of snow close to his chest. "You git!"

"Honestly, you call her babe! The girl has the hots for you and you are so infatuated with her, I swear, you're both blind idiots! Everyone in the castle can see the sexual and romantic tension." George argued, finding four small rocks to put on the snow. "Damn, I can't find another rock." He muttered. "Guess our snowman will just have to use a button for an eye."

Fred placed the snow ball on top of the other two balls, letting George put a rock and a button from his shirt onto the face.

"Why're you taking all your anger out on me? Take it down a notch, Sassy-pants. Besides, Perrie doesn't —"

"Oh, Perrie does!" George interrupted, shoving two sticks on the sides of the snowman. "And you definitely do too! Grow a pair of tits and ask her out already."

Fred raised an eyebrow. "Grow a pair of tits?"

"Angelina said it and it just stuck. Like, males get kicked in the balls and they fall to their knees so why would you want to grow a pair of balls? Honestly, women get the short end of the stick. Really unappreciated, they're like...superheroes or something. Punch them in the boob and they'll knock you out! I don't know what we did to deserve women, but I'm glad we did it."

Fred shook his head at his twin's explanation, rolling his eyes. While doing so, he noticed footprints in the snow. He looked to George, getting a nod of acknowledgment, and the two if them dragged the invisible student into a corner.

Harry Potter was underneath the cloak, which was no surprise. The Boy Who Lived was noticeably annoyed until the twins pulled the Marauder Map out and showed him. They told him of the magic of the parchment and showed him all the secret passages.

Ecstatic, Harry took the map after many thanks and left.

Fred and George walked back to their snowman to find that two more had been made beside it.

"Look, it's us." Perrie grinned, squeezing her very red hands in attempt to get feeling back into them.

Fred noticed and asked, "Where are your gloves?"

The girl smiled sheepishly, "I left them in my dorm and I didn't want to run up all those stairs again."

"Did you leave your scarf too? Christ, Perrie. You look freezing!" George exclaimed.

"I am."

Fred rolled his eyes for the hundredth time in two hours, pulling his scarf from around his neck and tying it around Perrie's. He nudged George for his gloves but his twin didn't know what the notion meant, leading to him grabbing Perrie's cold hands and shoving them in his shirt.

"Jeez, George! Not even taking me on a date first?"

George yelped at the feeling of Perrie's frozen fingers against his stomach, wanting to yank them away. "No, I like getting straight to it." The boy played along. "Also, you have icicles for fingers."

Fred sighed in annoyance, grabbing Perrie's hand and holding one in his hand and shoving her other in her pocket.

"C'mon, I wanna get to Zonko's." He ordered.

George whistled. "Now who's moody?"