010

THE HOLIDAYS came fast, exciting Oliver but utterly pissing Perrie off. Perrie didn't particularly enjoy Christmas. Her extended family annoyed both her and Oliver, however they annoyed Perrie a little more because they favoured Oliver and were always criticising her. Additionally, she felt undeserving for all the gifts. There were people starving, barely making a living, and she got three meals a day and gifts under the tree. Some people didn't even get dinner, nonetheless Christmas!

"Stop being grumpy," Cedric demanded, taking a seat beside his best friend. "You're ruining everyone else's mood. Are you packed?"

Perrie nodded, angrily eating her muffin. She knew she was being irrational but Christmas just really irked her.

"I just gotta give Cho her present and then we can go." Cedric said.

Cedric was spending the holidays with the Wood family, which Perrie was so grateful for. Perrie nodded again, saying she had to distribute gifts as well.

She stood up and properly disposed of the wrapper to her muffin. She ran to the Gryffindor tower, where Fred and George were playing Wizard's Chess in the common room. "You two!" She said loudly, startling the twins. "I've got gifts for you. Hold on."

When Perrie returned from her dorm, she had her trunk and a large present with both of their names on it. "Open it."

"Now?"

"No, on Christmas. Do not open it until Christmas. Promise me."

Perrie held both her pinky fingers out and the twins looked at each other before intertwining pinkys.

"We got you a present too." George said. "You wanna go get it?"

Perrie furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean 'go get it.' Do you not have it?"

"We do. It's in our dorm. Under Fred's bed, I think. We're in the middle of a game though, so..." George explained, before moving a piece.

The girl rolled her eyes but walked up the stairs to the fifth year boys dormitories. She laid on the floor beside Fred's bed and looked underneath. She pulled a box out and sat up, opening it. It wasn't her present, instead it was full of letters to a girl named Calla Atkins. Perrie vaguely remembered the girl Fred had a crush on, but unfortunately the Ravenclaw was pulled out of Hogwarts last year due to all of the petrifactions. Perrie frowned and pushed the box back under his bed. She glanced again and found a long box with a bow and her name on it. She grabbed it and was about to leave before stopping and walking towards Fred's trunk. She opened it and pulled out a sweater and then left.

"You found it...and one my sweaters."

Perrie smiled at Fred. "Since my family will be there, you know I'm going to avoid them by staying outside most of the time. Your sweaters are comfier and warmer." She shrugged.

Fred rolled his eyes. "You can't open that until Christmas!" He warned.

"Alright, alright. I gotta go now. I'll see you guys after the break. Write to me!" She leaned down to hug the boys, kissing both of their cheeks. "Bye! Love you, gits!"

She met up with Cedric, who was waiting with Diana. "I'll see you two after Christmas!" She said. "Is your cousin Henry still single?" Diana asked, wiggling her eyebrows at Perrie.

Perrie rolled her eyes. "I think so, but he's still two years older than you. I wish you could spend the entire holiday with us!"

Cedric agreed before hugging Diana and leaving for the train with Perrie. "Get ready for a holiday with the Wood family." Perrie sighed, dreading the moment she would arrive home.